Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEER30 peaked my interest. Has anyone seen or know anything about the "mule-foot" feral hog? I understand they're only found alo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEER30 peaked my interest. Has anyone seen or know anything about the "mule-foot" feral hog? I understand they're only found alo

DEER30 peaked my interest. Has anyone seen or know anything about the "mule-foot" feral hog? I understand they're only found along the Georgia coast. They're called "mule-foot" because their hooves aren't cloven. Saw one on a TV sports show many moons back, but have never heard anything else about them.

Bubba, I never heard of a mule-foot feral hog but I seen many jackalopes mounted on walls out west.

Comment

Are you trying to make an Ass of us hog hunters?

Comment

Happy, from Gary, I expected it! From YOU! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Actually, gentlemen, (and I use that term loosely! LOL!) there is truly a breed of swine know as "mulefoot"! In fact, there is also a "registry"!
        They are a "heritage" breed that almost became extinct. Today they are flourishing, thanks to the efforts of people who care about "unique" traits!. ....and yes, they have a hoof like a mule! They are exclusive to the U.S..

Comment

I found this guys.
          Bubba isn't kidding, it for real.

www.extension.org/pages/63587/mule-footed-feral-hogs

Comment

Good one Bubba, thought you were pulling my, uh , leg!

Comment

It appears to be true. I saw a guy shoot one in Florida on one of the hunting shows a couple years back. They showed a close-up of the single hoof on each leg. It was strange to say the least. BTW I shot about a dozen on my Uncle's cattle ranch in Sumter Co. Fla and all had cloven hooves.

Comment

Are you walking lop-sided, Happy?

Comment

They Run in Mixed herds a long the the Fl,Ga Border, never thought a hole lot about That. Good to know!

Comment

I saw that show Bubba. I believe they are on an island in florida. strange lookin feet.

Comment

Gary's "site" kinda confirmed what the TV show I saw stated.
                      Spanish (the only ones?) explorers dropped pigs in locations where they intended to return. The pigs could then serve as a food source when they came back.
                      We all know the result (present even today!) of THAT experiment!

Comment

Bubba, I'll go on a hunt for one with you, but if you track one right into someones barnyard paddock you'll surely make an ass out of yourself!!!

Comment

P-H-W

I'll catch one! You gotta kiss it!

Comment

Bubba, They exist in East Texas, also. I too, had to see to believe.

Comment

Cool. You learn something new every day. Now I have another piece of trivia to astound my friends with.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad