Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian 8pt that loves chocolate. I think he is going to Ontario Honkers house ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buckhunter
    replied
    Someone's pet deer. Probably raised from birth. Deer like this are all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• Bioguy01
    replied
    As somebody who works closely with tame deer, I will be the first to say this was EXTREMELY stupid to do! Bucks who are habituated to humans can become very aggressive during the breeding season. I would hate to see some kid walking down the street get mauled and gored by a deer because some dim-whit thought it was a good idea to acclimate a buck to humans.

That being said, I have lived in some pretty remote locations where hunting was either not allowed, or not practical because most hunters in the East rarely get more than 1 mile off the road. In these areas, you would be amazed at how tame wild animals can be. There are a few places in the ADKs where you can literally walk right up to deer. Heck, I've even had deer follow me through the woods for up to half an hour. So even in a completely natural situation, it is possible for naive deer to not be afraid of humans.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    That was very stupid and a dangerous thing to do. The buck could of felt trapped inside the house and may of panic. Good thing it wasn't the rut because that buck would have been in a pissing fight mode. The Candy Man could have been killed.

What is also sad about the video is all the Bambi Lovers will see this also. They will use it as propaganda and say "this harmless deer, will even come in your house and eat from your hands.”

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Exactly, Ozark. We had an awful time with the deer on the trail to Deer Park in Olympic Park. They would actually knock people over to get at the food in their packs. And yes, people were getting hurt.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkghost
    replied
    And just what will happen the first time there is no chocolate? I sure would not like to be on the receiving end of that rack or the hooves!

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    That jerk should be arrested. Moocher deer are a serious safety concern. Feeding them junk food isn't doing them any good either. People who want to park their domiciles in the wild need to respect the value of keeping things wild.

Leave a comment:

• Ncarl
    replied
    I would hang a stand right on the front porch. Think that would be a good spot? haha

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    here is the link
    thejump.net/outdoor-videos/chocolate-loving-buck-deer/

Leave a comment:

• Canadian 8pt that loves chocolate. I think he is going to Ontario Honkers house ?

Canadian 8pt that loves chocolate. I think he is going to Ontario Honkers house ?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Visible Voter "fraud"
    by FirstBubba
    You have a very great point there, jhjimbo.
    What we (?) do have is a media that won't expose it for the corruption it is and prefer to hide the...
    Today, 04:24 PM
  • Visible Voter "fraud"
    by FirstBubba
    First. Note that in Milwaukee, WI, another 386 uncounted votes were found(?).

On to bigger and much more visible evidence.

Yesterday, 10:13 AM
  • Reply to The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
    by rock rat
    A time to count our blessings. Lots of wood for the stove, kids watching the tube, mom thinking of new ways to grow plants, and more food than we could...
    Today, 03:25 PM
  • The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
    by dewman
    Thank you my Lord, for the time we were given to fellowship together here, for however the duration. Thank you for the knowledge passed, the ideas shared,...
    Today, 08:40 AM
  • Reply to Copper bullets
    by rock rat
    As I understand it lead from paint and lead from leaded gasoline is absorbed into the body much easier, than the bits from game meat. A famous study of...
    Today, 03:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X