Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are deer attractant scents good from one year to the next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are deer attractant scents good from one year to the next?

Are deer attractant scents good from one year to the next?

I use the Code Blue electric dispenser, drags and hanging scents and also some cover scents. Do they work the same from year to year?

Comment

yes...If they are kept cool and out of sun-light.

Comment

check with the manufacturer. They have a vested interest in having you buy their product so they will tell you the best methods of storing and best used by dates.

Comment

Hi...

Can't comment on scents for deer hunting...but trapping scents/lures can be good for many years.

Comment

I don't think deer attractants are any good when they are new and fresh, and it's all downhill from there:-)

Comment

I froze a large bottle of Doe Estrous this year after shooting a couple bucks before and during the rut. I will let you know next season how it held up to freezing and whether or not it was effective.

Comment

I promise you some of it you purchase off the shelf is over a year old.

Comment

I bought a code blue last year and didn't opening it yet. I was still using my other code blue up.

I like Steve's freezing the bottle idea. What scares me is some liquids expand when it freezes and could break or crack the bottle.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad