Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much would coyote skins sell for?

how much would coyote skins sell for?

i heard they werent much but i think they might be 15 plus or minus 5 bucks.

Comment

depends what part of the country you're in.

In the NE they used to go for 5 or 10 bucks.

Then they said they would take them off your hands but they wouldn't pay you for them.

Now they wont even take them at all.

Apparently the US fur market is dried up and most of the business is overseas.

They used to ship them out on cargo ships, but my local fur guy blames 9/11 for somehow mucking up the international fur market.

Comment

ken..what!? nebraska i assume is NE..they're still buying coyote skins. MINE anyway. but you are correct, they're not sellin worth a crap anyways. 5 bucks for a coyote skin is an average coyote. if you know the fur trader, he'll give you 10. it's not something that you can make a livin on.

Comment

sorry for not being clear.

By NE I meant northeast (like the compass point)

I can definitely see how that could be misread, my bad.

Comment

haha it doesn't matter man. i'm sure the furtrading is terrible all over the US.(united states)

Comment

cool thanx guys

Comment

I know they don't go for much. My friend tried selling some but they only went for about 5 dollars each. He said that a lot of it had to do with the condition of the pelt. So don't use too big of a caliber.

Comment

.17 Rem is great for coyotes if pelt damage is a concern since with a 25 gr HP there often is no exit hole.

Comment

florida hunter..condition of the pelt actually can mean how grody and nasty the coyote was in the first place. some coyotes are beautiful, with not a lot of nasty fur spots or damages. some coyotes look like they walked out halfway done with a wax job.

Comment

In southwest Wisconsin last fall I shot one and got 5 dollars. I was dissapointed in myself and I will never shoot one again.

Comment

They aren't worth a damn, unless you want them for yourself.

Comment

I would never skin a flea infested mangy coyote for 5 bucks or 50 bucks. Enjoy.

Comment

It's not worth much at all!!!

Comment

they sell for around $25 if you have properly fleshed them and taken care of them

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad