Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It seems that this sport is being attacked on all sides. From the guns used to the emotional why you want to kill one of Gods cr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems that this sport is being attacked on all sides. From the guns used to the emotional why you want to kill one of Gods cr

It seems that this sport is being attacked on all sides. From the guns used to the emotional why you want to kill one of Gods creatures. This goes out to some of our younger contributers. To take the emotion, prejudices and outside influence out of a subject. Scientists study a Microcosmm. Much like Darwin and the Geopolis Islands. Here is my Geopolis Island. Fire Island is a barrier island in New York. Some how deer got on the summer resort island. Everything is fine 3 months out of the year and it resembles a petting zoo amongst a lot of high end homes. Come September everybody goes home and a winter kill follows. In June the state goes out and cleans up all the desicated deer carcases on the beach. Someone in government suggested it would be more human to cull the herd. Now the fun starts. First rifles and shotguns couldn't be used due to the proximity to the mainland and houses on the island. So bow hunting was OKed. Now the animal rights guy's with their pots and pans staged a protest. Now try to picture this. A bunch of starving deer charging bow hunters for food and all the while a bunch of "do gooder's" supplying the back ground music. Needless to say it was a cluster "______". Next June there was no shortage of Deer Jerky on the beach. Myself I would say the best way to hunt this environment would be with a sharp knife and a handful of peanuts. Every word of this is true and I hope this helps in defiance of necessary sport.

I think it would help to get the message across if the deer carcasses were left rotting on the beach all summer, and the visitors had to ask how that happened.

Comment

99 The beaches are all clean and pristine for the summer rush. Then like I said it's a petting zoo. The only time the upper classes got concerned about Deer was when Lyme's Disease got in the papers and AIDS was confirmed as a blood borne disease.
      PS If your ever in NY and want to go back to Caligula's reign in Ancient Rome go to the F.I. close down party on the East End of the island. Lot's of men and women. Just not paired up correctly. Stay out of the Sunken Forest [huge Holly Trees]. Men have ventured into the forest and return changed and unwilling to talk of theexperiencee.

Comment

And a voice said to him, get up Peter, kill and eat. Acts 10:13 is the only ammunition I need. And if they don't understand that, then chances are I am wasting my breath anyway.

Comment

population growth is exponential when resources are unlimited. when resources are limited adapt or die. darwinism... Until deer develop the ability to adapt to not eating food (or going to grocery store and getting it) for long winters they will die an extremely painful death.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad