Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just signed up for a Hunter Safety course here in California and was suprised to learn that the 15 hour course was only $10 wh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just signed up for a Hunter Safety course here in California and was suprised to learn that the 15 hour course was only $10 wh

I just signed up for a Hunter Safety course here in California and was suprised to learn that the 15 hour course was only $10 which included the test and certification. I figured since this was California there would be some sort of government cash grab. What is the cost (if any) in other states?

Free here in Oklahoma.

Comment

Free in NH with a suggested donation of $5

Comment

I think the $10 goes to the range where the course is taught, so it could be free here as well (but that would require California Govenrment to do something that makes sense).

Comment

Free in NY

Comment

It's also free in Ohio.

Comment

When I took it a couple of years ago it was $20 here in Indiana.

Comment

Free in WV.

Comment

Here in Indiana, the online test cost $20, in person it is free.

Comment

Free in Fl.

Comment

Free in SD. Courses provided by pillars of the community who volunteer their time. Great hunters and sportsmen respected by the community. I still remember mine and have respected them my whole life. I still do things the way I was taught and I have no doubt that it has made my sport more enjoyable and much safer.

Comment

The class in Utah is free, but I am taking it this week and the instructor has asked that we help pay for the classroom rental haha!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad