Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do turkeys grow more than 1 beard? I know its not common, I shot a double beard last spring 10 and 5 inch beard and just str

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do turkeys grow more than 1 beard? I know its not common, I shot a double beard last spring 10 and 5 inch beard and just str

Why do turkeys grow more than 1 beard? I know its not common, I shot a double beard last spring 10 and 5 inch beard and just struck me to ask some fellow hunters

It is a genetic trait

Comment

I also believe that to be true.

Comment

Yep that's right. I know a guy who worked for the NWTF for years. He said the same thing. He has shot over 100 turkeys and only 1 has had multiple beards while his coworkers shot a multiple beard turkey every other year or so. He credits this the genetics in the areas they hunt.

Comment

Thanks, I hear more and more about guys shooting double beards, hopefully there's more running around my woods.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad