Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is my first post here, and I figured I would ask for some opinions. I just passed my hunter ed class and I am looking forwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might get into selling pelts as well to make some extra money (like coyote). I am 16 and about 170 pounds so what would be a good caliber for both deer and coyote without damaging much of the pelt?

Comment

Forgot to mention... I've bought a couple of rifles on gunbroker. You can send funds via Paypal and the seller will ship it to a local gunsmith or sporting goods store that has a federal firearms license. They will typically charge around $25-45 for the service. You may also have to pay for a cheap gun case for shipping unless the seller has a good cardboard box. I also look for sellers in my area so I can pick it up if possible.

Comment

@DranDran The 30-30 is a fine Deer round! But a Fire Arm in (243W)is fare better Caliber for all around uses
        For Deer/Black Bears and Coyotes,Woodchuck! I too started Life with a Used Savage 340/22Hornet and worked my way up to a Winchester M70/243,as a youngster in up/State New York. If money is in short supply....Go for the Sav/340-30~30, with an up-Grade in mind!

Comment

@Treestand, I am going to fo with a .243. What shoud I get grain wise for deer and coyote?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad