Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the dumbest/funniest hunting or fishing thing/story that you have ever encountered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the dumbest/funniest hunting or fishing thing/story that you have ever encountered?

What is the dumbest/funniest hunting or fishing thing/story that you have ever encountered?

Also, what is the most annoying outdoor experience you have ever had. The most annoying thing I have ever encountered is probably this past year I had bunch of residential geese that live behind the place that I work. Problem is that it is inside the city limits so I can't hunt them. I couldn't even ask the land owner for permission. This was the first year I had interest in goose hunting though, so it is aggravating.

Comment

I heard of a guy in the swamps of Louisiana who carried a .357 mag with him to shoot snakes when he came across them. Only problem was a big ole cotton mouth dropped into the bottom of his boat. He shot it out of reflex. He had to wade home.

Comment

Frank Bruni. Dumbest.

Comment

After the morning bow hunt, four of us were in a vehicle driving down the Old Mine Road at the Delaware Water Gap. The car in front of us pulled out and we all could see a compound bow with a quiver full of arrows was still on the roof of the car. The bow fell off the roof, hit the back of the trunk, and slammed on the asphalt road and broke apart. Cables, pulleys and limbs went every which way.
          We all stopped in the middle of the road and the driver of the car said that was the dumbest thing he ever did in his life.

Comment

This may be a bit off topic, but two cannibals in Africa were hunting and they killed a clown.
            While they were eating him, one cannibal asked the other, "Does he taste funny to you?"

Comment

99, LOL

Comment

Slam the truck door on a spin casting rod. You'll feel pretty dumb. ( guess why I know).

Comment

Allegnmtn, you feel even dumber when that spin cast rod is a $400 rod.

Comment

Opening day of trout a few years ago, my friends drag me to a stream that is just shoulder to shoulder with people. One drunk idiot was ruining everybody's morning. Well this guy decides to climb onto a big rock over a nice hole. Everytime he caught a fish he would set the hook like there was a shark on the end of his line, yanking his rod way up over his head probably ripping the lips off the fish he was catching. Finally a fish bites, he yanks his rod and slips bouncing off his butt and straight into the freezing water. It was hilarious and much more peaceful after that!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad