Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could hunting end? Could anti hunting organizations cause a hunting ban? What would the U.S. fish and wildlife service say about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could hunting end? Could anti hunting organizations cause a hunting ban? What would the U.S. fish and wildlife service say about

Could hunting end? Could anti hunting organizations cause a hunting ban? What would the U.S. fish and wildlife service say about this? because I know they support hunting because its beneficial to the environment.

Once we fully turn over the care of our health to the government all they need to do is have their Surgeon General determine that an activity such as hunting is unhealthy. Or as Ben Franklin put it, "He who would sacrifice freedom for security deserves neither".

Comment

No, it won’t happen, at least in the foreseeable future, because hunters and other sportsmen have enough economic and political influence. The danger is that animal-rights groups gradually pick away at hunting rights by supporting local or state voter initiatives to ban practices they can portray as “cruel,” such as using dogs for a particular type of hunting. Once they pass one, they move on to the next issue, with the goal being to eventually make hunting so difficult or inaccessible that fewer and fewer people do it. That’s how they work.

Comment

In many areas, hunting is a key element in local economy. In these economic times, hunting is not a "sport" for many low-income families; it's a necessity. No, I don't foresee any likelihood that hunting will be banned.

Comment

Yeah, Drover, and that's how gun control will "eventually" occur..

Just like the old Chinese saying, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

One little step at a time, one little law, then another and another, etc, etc.....!

Comment

If private hunting is ever banned, government hunters could step in and fill the void.
            Just think of all the jobs that would create.

Comment

No, if it became illegal, it would be like speeding. People are going to disobey laws. I would still hunt. I wouldn't use a gun, and I would be careful about it, but nobody is going to stop me from what I do. Just let it be said that i am not a lawbreaker, yet.

Comment

Hunting will come under increasing pressure from anti gun and anti hunting organizations. That, coupled with less land and hunting access will discourage the young people from taking it up.
                Older hunters should help the younger ones, guys and gals, try the hunting for the game available. Take a young guy out or give him some areas he could hunt. Pass out some extra game to people who may never have had it.
                Even though i really do not need any more equipment i make a point to spend $$$ every year to help support the industry.
                The more new hunters we can get involved the better and more secure the future of hunting will be.

Comment

at some point i forsee it being outlawed, as well as gun ownership. in my lifetime? i hope not, but i am young and the country is shifting more towards the left everyday...conservation as we know it would end as well. as much as these anti hunters hate the idea of us killing animals, we are the ones that truly protect them, not them.

Comment

While specific dollar values are a little difficult to pin down, it's safe to say our outdoor sports generate billions.
                    Despite antis vocal objections, hundreds of years of tradition and real, positive economic impact, suggest our sport isn't going away.
                    I'll do my part to promote our sport, but I refuse to accept the sky is falling mentality.

Comment

The Animal Rights Protesters stopped the New Jersey black bear hunt six different years. These people write letters and telephone their politicians. They were able to get the ex Governor Jon Corzine (another stinking democrat) to stop the bear hunt for four of those years. The Yogi bear Lovers are not lazy and are able to convince politicians. It is a shame the hunting fraternity is not as aggressive as the anti groups.

I think the biggest problem is the lost of habitat. New construction kills good hunting areas and wildlife.
                      It’s sad but New Jersey is turning into a concrete and asphalt jungle.

Comment

Theres no way. Hunting is such a major part of American culture both currently and historically. Any proposed ban would simply never pass.

Comment

To whoever gave me the ding, I'm sorry but I forgot to put the smiley face at the end of my comment.

Comment

A report on Glenn Beck this AM said the New York State Police are collecting guns from those people who are on a mind altering drugs. Anybody else heard this ?

Comment

I think, and I've heard Sarge01 say the same thing in HS classes, that the decision is ours to make and it will be decided at the ballot box. If we conduct ourselves as sportsmen and women, put our best foot forward with a positive public image, and work to grow the sport thru our youth, then yes, it will survive. If we continue on with our slovenly ways and don't work with our kids, then it will one day be voted down by not just the antis', but also the non-hunting voter who makes his decision based on blood spatter vehicles, empty beer cans, litter, and shot up road signs. Which way do you want to go, my friends?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad