X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best automatic rifles

The best automatic rifles

Do you mean SEMI-auto, or full-auto?
    Semi) Browning,Remington are tops for me.
    Full) Colt,Barrett.

Comment

Dude, that's not even a question.

Comment

As far as a sporting rifle, the Ruger 10/22 has to be near the top....

Comment

Centerfire? Springfield M1A, Ruger Mini-14, Remington 742...in my opinion.

Comment

Assuming semi-auto... the M1A has to filter to the top of anyone's list in terms of versatility, accuracy, reliability and all the "ilities" for that matter. The AR15 will probably go down in history as having more impact on our society than the Winchester model 94 though (if they don't outlaw them soon). Modern AR15 rifles are accurate, reliable and fun to shoot. I have a Bushmaster Varminter that is slowly becoming my overall favorite rifle and that is saying something. I can shoot houseflys at 100 yards and Coke cans at 600 yards all day (with tuned reloads) and it doesn't break the bank. It is actually very useful in hunting situations too for anything from gophers to deer.

Comment

Without a doubt the AR-15 black rifles are at the top of the list but I also like the M1A or the older style Browning BAR (civilian version not the military BAR).

Comment

I'm going to just throw an answer out there and think your not talking hunting and say either m-16 or AK-47 each have a high rate of fire and knock down power.

Comment

i didn't know if they made automatic rifles.

Comment

Semi-auto... I would have to say the 10/22 for a small rifle. But Browning and Benelli are really good for big game rifles. Although pricey, Benelli makes one hell of a big game semi-auto rifle.

Comment

Sorry I left a few out.
                      Semi auto- Ruger 10/22, M-1 garand.
                      Full auto- BAR(Browning Auto Rifle),AK-47, Browning .30 cal Machine gun, Gatling gun,Mg-42(germany), Maxium Gun(Belgum/Browning design), and the VERY first asault rifle which was made by germany.

Comment

You mean the Falshirmjaeger or the MP44, Big O? I'd have to suggest Ma Deuce or the 7.62 minigun for "automatic weapons" though I saw a 1878 Galtling gun reproduction that looked like lots o' fun (they ain't likely to let you hunt with one even if you had a trained gun crew, with the gun carriage and cassion, not to mention the horses and tack...)

Comment

The worst question

Comment

I'm going to have to stay with the Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR). That gun is both reliable and accurate.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                              by PigHunter
                              I understand the reason someone would pick the heavier bullets. However, heavier bullets cause greater recoil and will affect recovery time and may result...
                              Today, 02:16 PM
                            • Cheaper Than Dirt
                              by jhjimbo
                              Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                              Today, 12:21 PM
                            • Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                              by fitch270
                              I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                              Today, 01:40 PM
                            • 300 yard .22lr
                              by jhjimbo
                              Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                              Today, 11:28 AM
                            • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                              by jhjimbo
                              I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                              Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X