Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anybody else had a problem with rage broadheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anybody else had a problem with rage broadheads?

has anybody else had a problem with rage broadheads?

I lost 2 very well hit bucks with them this year. One shot couldn't have been more well placed given the shot opportunity. I'm still coping. Im strongly considering going to fixed blade broadheads. The only thing holding me back is that they fly EXACTLY like my fieldtips!

Comment

Everything I have hit with them has not made it more than 100 yards. But they can open in flight or before you shoot causing your arrow to miss or wound and animal(I was lucky to only have the first happen). I switched to ulmer edge and love them. they fly like my fieldpoints and don't have opening o not opening problems

Comment

Never used them but a family friend bought some and threw them away after a week because he had problems with them. Don't remember why he was mad though

Comment

my friend shot tryed shooting a deer with them. he said the shot was a little high but would have killed the deer but when the arrow hit it flipped over the deer a kept spinninguntil it hit a tree. he said he is going back to fixed blade for the next season

Comment

I love them! But my buddy Adam has decided to switch back to fixed-blade due to penetration issues the last few seasons.

Comment

I used them for a couple seasons and had a whole host of problems. Shot a few deer and turkey with them but performance was poor, very poor.

Comment

I had a ton of problems with them open during flight and opening when they were on the rest. One little bump and they would open. I also had one that had all sorts of defects when I opened the pack, and customer service was terrible. I have since switched to grim reapers and have not lost a deer yet. Last year five bucks and two does the furthest only ran about one hundred yards the rest dropped within fifty after the grim reaper payed a visit.

Comment

I have used them for 5 years, 2 & 3 blade versions. Their latest ones with the new plastic lock collars are a great improvement on the design. I shot 4 deer with them last year and none went more than 50 yards, most 30 yrds, and two were liver shot. All bled out quickly and cleanly, even the two liver shots. My 11 year old daughter took her first deer at 23 yards with the old three blade version with her Mathews Rage bow set at 35 pounds of draw. She took out the right lung and punctured the left. Deer went 70 yards and tipped over. I am very careful with them and check them often while on the rest. They aren't without their issues. They DO however fly GREAT. Buddy of mine took a 850 lb bull elk with the new 2 blade at 25 yards, went 70 yards.

Comment

I have had a few of mine open on the draw causing me to let down and fixing it resulting in no shot because of my movements.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad