Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am wanting to put out a food plot for deer, we plant alfalfa for hay so I have the early season covered. My question is what i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am wanting to put out a food plot for deer, we plant alfalfa for hay so I have the early season covered. My question is what i

I am wanting to put out a food plot for deer, we plant alfalfa for hay so I have the early season covered. My question is what is a good food plot for mid to late season for midle Tennessee?

Check with your state game and fish department. They can give you all sorts of good info and can put you in touch with other resources that can help too.

Comment

shatter resisent soy beans.

Comment

Check with the State for suitability for clover.

Comment

Huh?
          What's better than alfalfa to attract whitetails?
          I planted 18 acres and had deer bedding on a place that hadn't had deer on it since the "Land Rush" days! (1904! Over 100 years!)

PLANT MORE ALFALFA!

Comment

Clover and cereal grains (wheat/oats/rye). Local QDMA (Quality Deer Management Association - www.qdma.com) members should be able to put you on the right track, as well as the local cooperative extension.

Comment

Deer love clover and alfalfa. Good Luck, you can't go wrong with them.

Comment

Sugar Beets. Ive never done it but Ive wanted to the last few years and have done all the research.Mix In some oats close by to. After it gets cold the starches in the green tops of the beets all turn to sugar and the deer will go nuts for them!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad