Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are you guys take on shooting a white deer. some say its bad luck and some say shoot it. idk but all i have to say is it be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are you guys take on shooting a white deer. some say its bad luck and some say shoot it. idk but all i have to say is it be

what are you guys take on shooting a white deer. some say its bad luck and some say shoot it. idk but all i have to say is it better not walk in front of me.

I have posted before that the wildlife bioligist's office was next to mine and he always said they were inferior deer and they shouldn't be allowed to pass their genes on. Therefore shoot them.

Comment

A good friend of mine shot one and mounted a white doe. Had the whole community made at him, untill he became the baseball coach that took the team to sectionals. Now all the kids think its great. If you shoot one expect to take heat for it, untill it passes over. I saw a white ten point on a grouse trip in wisconsin, their something else.

Comment

I don't beleive in luck, so i'd shoot one.

Comment

I have had a chance to go on a military base with a large population of white deer - i passed, but that is just me.

Comment

I would probably pass on it unless it had a real trophy rack. That is a weakness of mine.

Comment

Assuming it was in season, reasonably well-nourished and healthy in appearance, I would reduce it to venison steaks and chops in relatively short order. I really don't harbor any superstitious beliefs. I find "bad luck" is usually traceable to poor preparation.

Comment

bad luck and some places illegal

Comment

Some hunters never see an albino deer alive in the wild. If they're legal to kill in that state most hunters would shoot them. I know two different hunters who have killed piebald does.
                  I would only shoot if the albino buck had a nice set of antlers.

Comment

If an Albino Buck or Doe Passes my Scope NOW, Its meat in the frig. But in all my 62/Years of Hunting, I have seen only One Small Fork-Horn in up-State Liberty NY(1970-71) and let it Pass Not knowing if it was Lawful to take.But I did hear Gun Shots not to long after it Passed me??

Comment

Albino deer are extremely rare. It is not unsual to see a piebald deer in our area. If you have ever seen a true albino deer it will not look really healthy if you examine it closely.

Comment

not something i think about, i saw a full albino deer once, and probably wont ever see another wild one in my lifetime. but assuming it was legal, i dont see what would stop me from killing one.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad