Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the stupidest thing you have ever seen somebody do while hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Edward J. Palumbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I watched a hunter grasp a loaded bolt action rifle by the barrel and pull it up a barrier after him. The trigger caught a dead twig or branch and the weapon discharged, sending a bullet past his head, close enough to teaxch a lasting lesson and to change the color of his laundry.
    The rifle's chamber wasn't unloaded and the safety wasn't on. We questioned it, and it was overlooked for the sake of haste and convenience.
    A friend of a friend, I hadn't been shooting with the fellow before and haven't sought him out since.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Back in the '60's i made my own hang on stand and tie on foot steps. Took it to my spot the day before and hung it in the tree. Next morning while dark i finally found it and got in it. No problem. Then it got light and the wind started. I almost got sea sick. I had it about 30' in the air on too small of a tree. Got it back down to 12' or so and it was good for the rest of the day.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Yeah! Guy I worked with took his teenage son and a friend deer hunting. He climbed up in a tree stand with his rifle and a pint bottle. They found him at the base of the tree, dead from a broken neck.

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    ⭐⭐⭐

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    I have seen hunters take a shot next to another hunter, saying they know that they could hit what they were aiming for. Thats too much for me. I have also seen somebody grab the wrong shotshells, only to find they won't fit in the gun.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• 99explorer
    replied
    I haven't actually seen it, but I've heard hunters say they took a "sound" shot at something they could not see. I haven't heard this recently, so I think hunter safety courses may be credited with reducing the incidence of hunter shooting accidents.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• What is the stupidest thing you have ever seen somebody do while hunting?

What is the stupidest thing you have ever seen somebody do while hunting?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad