Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a better way to flush a woods for deer other than just walking through it because the deer will just run anywhere. Any i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a better way to flush a woods for deer other than just walking through it because the deer will just run anywhere. Any i

What is a better way to flush a woods for deer other than just walking through it because the deer will just run anywhere. Any ideas?

Hi...

You could try combining walking with standing/sitting.

You could walk in-line with others.

You could have some in your party drive any deer toward the standers, and alternate drivers with standers

Comment

As Pathfinder said, having the drivers walking in a line works well, but even then the deer may bust back through the line, causing great excitement.
      The surest way to get them to go in one direction is to set fire to the woods in a controlled burn, but it is illegal most everywhere I know of, and you will likely not be invited back on the property.

Comment

We on the last day of deer season on our Hunt Camp Lease, Let all the Dog hunters cut them loose and most of the T-Stand hunters have a last chance for a deer,If you have a dog its some thing to try?

Comment

I had a friend actually push deer past his own stand while he was in it.
          It seems he was running late as he was going deer hunting and inadvertently grabbed a work coat, which he uses when he works on vehicles. On the trek to his treestand he noticed gas and oil permeated the coat that he thought was his hunting coat.

He realised his dilemma when he was almost to his treestand, while walking in the dark, just prior to first light. He walked about 75 yards in the opposite direction of his treestand and stuffed his jacket in the creekbed.

Twenty minutes after shooting time, a 12 pointer came towards his stand sneaking away from the area he had stuffed the coat. My friend explained that he thought the big buck was evading the gas and oil smell from his work jacket which the deer associated with people and danger.

Comment

You could get with some of your buddies and walk the trees. While you have some people on the other side ready to shoot the deer that come out of the trees.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to More Bad News....
              by Ontario Honker Hunter
              Tough to lose one, especially in her prime. Especially that way. I would appreciate some shared memories when you are ready for that ... which will...
              Today, 01:12 PM
            • More Bad News....
              by WA Mtnhunter
              My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
              07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
            • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
              by PigHunter
              The Critical Defense 115g is designed for shorter barrels and lighter recoil. Here's an ammo test from YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/w...
              Today, 12:53 PM
            • Cheaper Than Dirt
              by jhjimbo
              Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
              Today, 12:21 PM
            • Reply to Ruski
              by jhjimbo
              I will take a Covid from a known, reputable Co. as well as the high-octane flu vaccine they have for seniors. Any stimulation to your immune system can...
              Today, 12:45 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X