Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy St. Patricks Day to all my Irish friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy St. Patricks Day to all my Irish friends.

Happy St. Patricks Day to all my Irish friends.

Doesn't take an Irishman to get shhnockered on St. Patty's

Comment

Éirinn go Brách

or "Ireland Forever" for the rest of you....

Comment

"I dreamed I was marching down Main Street in my Éirinn go Brách." It will take a real old timer to appreciate the humor.

My mom and dad were married 63 years ago today. Happy anniversary to them wherever they are. Well, actually I know where they are. Give em a hug for me, Cathy.

Comment

The parade was yesterday, but I'll be having my corned beef and cabbage today.
          Perhaps with a drop of the old mountain dew. Cheers to all.

Comment

explorer, we are having it, also. I love corned beef and cabbage with Irish whiskey and Irish beer). Don’t forget to wear your green today.
            Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

Comment

I have a few Irish Trivia questions.

1. When the Irish flag was made over 150 years ago what did it stand for?

2. What city did Irish coffee come from?

3. The country Ireland has a few nicknames. What are they?

4. How did the Irish Paddy Wagon get its name?

5. What was Saint Patrick Irish? True or False

6. What is the official emblem of Ireland?

Comment

Gary - In response to question number 2, I'm going to guess Irish coffee came from Dublin, Ireland.
                It provides all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
                But in return for that, it ruins three perfectly good drinks: coffee, cream and whiskey.

Comment

Explorer, Irish coffee started in the great USA. What city?
                  Clue, The city has a Major League baseball and a NFL football team.

Comment

#5 is false. i think i heard he was italian?? not sure.

Comment

Now I'll guess Los Angeles. I had heard that a long time ago, but never believed it.

Comment

Irish Coffee came from a bar up the hill from Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Don't remember the name, but I have had it there before.

Comment

1.Green representing Ireland, orange representing the followers of William of Orange, and white representing peace between them.
                          2. San Francisco
                          3. Emerald Isle
                          4. Police wagons driven by predominantly Irish cops in NYC and Boston.
                          5. FALSE, St Pat was a Brit.
                          6. Shamrock, but the Harp Flag dates back to the 1600's.

Comment

Great Job WAM, you nailed the answers for question 2, 3, and 6.
                            You were real close on question 1, 4 and 5.

1. The Irish tricolor flag, created in 1848, was designed to reflect the country's political realities. Orange stands for the Irish Protestants, green for the Irish Catholics, and white for the hope that peace might eventually be reached between them.

2. Irish Coffee was actually invented in San Francisco, not Ireland.

3. Ireland has several nicknames. The most common is The Emerald Isle, but it is also known as The Old Sod, Four Green Fields and The Bower.

4. The 1800's term "Paddy Wagon" got its name because when drunken Irishmen were arrested, they all claimed their name was "Paddy". (Similar to John Doe today)

5. St. Patrick was not Irish. His father was Italian and his mother was a Scot. St. Patrick was actually born in Scotland.

6. The Celtic harp is Ireland's official emblem and the only musical instrument used as a national emblem.

Comment

Another tidbit, St. Paddy's real name is Maewyn Succat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad