Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to kill a deer? From a blind, treestand or other methods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to kill a deer? From a blind, treestand or other methods.

What is the best way to kill a deer? From a blind, treestand or other methods.

A claymore mine next to a salt lick and pile of corn. Then there is also this out of date concept of hunting deer where the killing of the deer brings to an end a season of scouting and a day well spent in the woods with your thoughts and the squirrels.

Comment

The best way is "Bullet Placement" kills your deer every time.

Comment

bye a new car

Comment

or don't miss thear is no best way

Comment

sorry about the spelling

Comment

Keep your feet on the ground - just you and the deer. The most rewarding way to hunt. Stack your wits and skill with the senses of the deer.

Comment

Easiest way- shoot them out of the truck window.
                Most fun way, and difficult- run them with hounds.
                Most efficient and legal way- shooting house on a greenfield.

Comment

Hi...

Today, it appears that the tree stand is the preferred way to bag white tails.

Personally, I can't sit still for that long...so I still-hunt.

Comment

Sourdough nailed it. Claymore. Is there a Hornady one, ya think?

Comment

Raisin a baby deer(in a pen of course), feedin him the good stuff, then just shoot him when you think his horns are the right size! It may take time, but it'll be worth it!

Comment

There is no "best" way, but there are a lot of preferences...and apparently a lot of [email protected]$$ remarks :-). Each technique has its advantages and disadvantages and each technique will produce better results depending on where you hunt.

Comment

I would think it would depend on the terrain and vegetation in your preferred hunting area, but all of these methods have been productive.
                          I tried the treestand but found that gravity is not my friend; I came down a bit faster than I climbed up. Then again, I am a clumsy devil. When I hunt from the ground, I don't seem to fall as much (or as far).
                          I live in northwestern Oregon and we have plenty of tall evergreens, though long shots are rare in dense woods. Friends often took to the trees while I took a more pedestrian approach, occasionally driving deer toward my friends' positions.

Comment

In a treestand because you are most likely not gonna e seen by deer, and with a blind you have to worry about it blowing away. This is just my thinking.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad