Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you tell when your bow needs a new string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you tell when your bow needs a new string?

how do you tell when your bow needs a new string?

If you see a fray of the string.
    For cables, i have heard every several years as they can stretch. Also, the bow can be measured to see if it comes up to it's stated draw weight because as the string or cable stretch, the draw weight will decrease thus less velocity.

Comment

If you sees fraying, strands are sticking out or every 1-2 years depending on how much you shoot. Even if you only shoot a few times I year, strings/cables are under constant pressure they will stretch even if you are not shooting. Take it to a reliable pro-shop in your area (mine will tell you if you need a new string, not worrying about the sale)

Comment

Look for fray. I take my bow in to get inspected at my pro shop as soon as the weather breaks and I am about to start shooting heavily through out the spring an summer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad