Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Devine's post from a few days ago inspired this: Please share any experiences you've had with anti-hunting advocates or org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    I almost dated a girl who thought it was wrong to hunt. She said she wanted to get to know me better first. We talked and she found out all I could ever talk about was hunting and fishing. She said we should just be friends. She never gave me a hard time though.

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    Had a libreal french teacher from boston who was the biggest hypocrite you ever did see. He would get on us (my high school is full over hunters and hillbillys) about killing innocent animals and how could anybody hurt such beautiful creatures. Then he would ask me to bring in duck, it being his favorite dish.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    The northern part of New Jersey has to be the anti hunting capital of the world. You would not believe what the animal rights protesters did before the NJ Bear hunt in December 2005.

The state land that my family hunted that year had a large dirt parking lot for the hunters to park their vehicles. The “Yogi Bear Lovers” put the yellow police crime scene tape around the entire parking lot the night before opening day bear season. The hunters believe it was a crime scene and the tape was put there by the police. No hunter dared touch it. Hunters were pissed off and had to park a mile further away from their hunting location. Every hunter got in the woods late that morning. I can’t stand the “Yogi and Boo Boo Lovers” but someone fool the hunting fraternity that day.

The antis also built scarecrows and put an orange vest and an orange hat on each one. They put each fake hunter scarecrow on the top of a high knoll in the woods. There must have been twelve orange fake hunter scarecrows in the woods for opening day bear season. Each scarecrow was two hundred yards apart. Their motive was to let hunters think there was another hunter hunting up there on the knoll. My Brother Bill talked to hunters later in the week, which saw the fake hunter scarecrow and walked the other way thinking it was a hunter.

The day after bear season brother Bill found a few of the fake hunters. He got many orange hats and vests that day. They were real nice too. Bill said "Finders Keepers!"

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    WoW~cb bob...The Pine Barrens..I have not heard that in a long time, I hunted that area in the mid 1970 early 1980 for Hungarian Partidge and Ruffed Grouse, Deer hunting was B/Power,Bow,Buckshot only. I lived in East Brentwood,LI.

Leave a comment:

• Teodoro
    replied
    I'm dating a vegan. She's very nice to me, and doesn't give me any more grief than I give her for liking tofu.

Leave a comment:

• Ga hunter
    replied
    I've never really had any problem with tree humpers around here, but there aren't too many around where I am. Unless you go into Athens... then you have problems. I hope I never have a run in with a tree humper in the woods, I might lose my temper!

Leave a comment:

• Ncarl
    replied
    cb bob, Wow you must have more self controll than me. I dont know if I could have helped getting out of the tree to kick each one of their scrawny vegan yuppie a$$es my self. Im just glad we dont have many people like that where im from.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Matzek
    replied
    Nice! +1!

Leave a comment:

• cb bob
    replied
    I live on Long Island, but I hunt up-state most of the season. There is state land in the pine barrens on Long Island that is bow hunting only, and there are some real BIG bucks out there. 7 or 8 years ago I decided to give it a shot since it was close to home. I got to my spot and set up about a half hour before sunrise, thinking I had found a pretty good location. About an hour after sunrise 4 or 5 guys come walking through banging pots and pans, yelling, and blowing air horns to chase the deer away. I just sat tight and let them pass. After another 45 minutes or so I tagged a nice 8 pointer. I don't know if they drove him over to me, or if the deer was deaf, but my only experience with the tree huggers was a positive one!

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    Not a anti-hunter but animal rights activist. 3 or 4 years ago my family and I were in Cincinnati OH for the HeartWalk and at the Duke Convention Center they have an Expo that goes on as we were walking into the doors,we were approached by a typical liberal treehugging lady. I knew it was going to be good! She came up to me and my family mind you my daughter at the time was 3yrs old and started flashing all these pictures of mutilated & butchered farm animals so I politely asked her to leave us alone and she said don't you feel for these poor animals being murdered trapped in cages and blahblahblah. I continued walking and she started walking faster to get in front of me and at that time we were at the doors to get in and she's between us and the doors and she asked will you sign this potition to pass a law on farming practices. My response was "I will sign your petition if it makes these animals taste better"! Then we side stepped her walked in. She must have been stunned for a second because as we got through the second set of doors she let out a cry followed by words that would not be able to be posted here!

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine's post from a few days ago inspired this: Please share any experiences you've had with anti-hunting advocates or org

Gary Devine's post from a few days ago inspired this: Please share any experiences you've had with anti-hunting advocates or organizations. I have never had this problem personally so I'd love to hear some stories.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad