Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going hunting for turkey this spring for the first time in upstate new York specifically the catskills. My question is whats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going hunting for turkey this spring for the first time in upstate new York specifically the catskills. My question is whats

I'm going hunting for turkey this spring for the first time in upstate new York specifically the catskills. My question is whats the best camo patern to use.

Match it to the foliage where you are. I start out with something darker and change to more green as the season progresses.

Comment

ive always worn realtree, but havent found any pattern to perform better then the next. as long as your back against something, you dont move, and dont have any bright colors showing your pattern should work for you.

Comment

The one you already own or if you "need" new camo the best fitting, and best suited for weather. Turkey see really well but nit a whole lot of colors so staying still is the most important thing you can do.

Comment

Realtree is my favorite.

Comment

Pattern isn't nearly as important as sitting still. Camo is a good idea, but even that isn't "necessary".
            Though I use camo, comfort, fit and warmth are foremost in my decisions. Not pattern.

Comment

Don't worry about the camo pattern much. Just concentrate on keeping still.

Comment

Don't wear black, blue or red.

Comment

Hi...

Camo is GREAT...if you own stock in the company...!! Otherwise, as stated above...stay still (and well hidden).

Comment

Hi...

PS: I see you'll be hunting the Catskills, eh? Better make your camo blaze orange...!!

Comment

I like and use 3/D Leaf Camo for all types of hunting weather Turkey or Deer hunting it may comes in "Blaze" Camo, Good Luck, I have Not Hunted The Catskills in 30+years it was Crowded back then with all the New York City Want~a~Be Hunters!

Comment

Treestand
                        I was hunting around Rosco one time and right at dusk we heard 4 shots. A guy comes out with a 7mmRemMag and we ask if he shot - he said he did. We asked at what - he said nothing, he did not know how to unload his gun. Last time i hunted there.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad