Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This country has many organizations that are against hunting. The memberships of these powerful anti hunting groups are getting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This country has many organizations that are against hunting. The memberships of these powerful anti hunting groups are getting

This country has many organizations that are against hunting. The memberships of these powerful anti hunting groups are getting stronger and richer by the day. They have lobbyists in the state capitals and in the Congress working on their behalf to stop the killing of all creatures. Most Sportsmen are like ostriches with their head in the sand, and they do not believe the anti hunting threat is real. These same so called sportsmen don’t belong to any Pro Sportsmen Organizations that can combat these anti hunting groups on a legislative level. What your comment on the anti hunting threat and those Sportsmen who just don’t care? Check out this link below. Four of these anti hunting groups listed are against hunting. Read the short comment from each anti hunting group and their position on hunting. They hate everyone who hunts and kills wildlife! www.animalliberationfront.com/AR_Orgs/Wildlife%20Organizations%20Positions%20on%20Huntin g.htm

The link is listed below.
    These are some of the anti hunting organizations.
    1. The Humane Society of the United States located in Washington D. C.
    2.Friends of Animals located in Norwalk, Connecticut
    3.The American Humane Society located in Denver, Colorado
    4.The Fund of Animals located in New York, New York

www.animalliberationfront.com/AR_Orgs/Wildlife%20Organizations%20Positions%20on%20Huntin g.htm

Comment

How could I forget this group?
      5. The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals located in Norfolk, Virginia. ( PETA)

Comment

Why are people so against hunting? hunters are nature's true conservationists. They control populations when many natural predators have been driven out by human development and have to pay a good amount of money in licenses that goes towards helping the environment.People don't look at in depth. People just know it involves killing animals so they are automatically against it. If they actually knew how it benefits the environment I don't think they would feel so strongly against it.

Comment

Gary, i knew it was bad, but not this bad. I was terrified to find a video called "Hunter getting kicked by deer." And they thought it was funny! These are sick people who care more about animals than humans. God gave man animals to hunt for food. And not only are they against hunting, but also fishing, trapping, and farming!

I will say this though, there are many hunter out there that are hurting the cause. I have heard many "hunters" who brag about shooting a deer 10 times, then laugh about how it hollered. They brag about shooting ducks and geese out of season, and even shooting owls and herons! (None of this is true, they couldn't hit a duck if it was sitting in a pool, the just think its cool). I was harassed by an activist who associated me with one of these "hunters." He wouldn't listen to me, wouldn't accept that the majority of hunters are decent. We as hunters need to watch what we say, and stick together.

Comment

cbhunter, my brother Bill and his ex son-in-law Jon were followed by five animal rights protesters while they were bear hunting in woods of New Jersey. Wherever Bill and Jon went the antis followed them and sang Christmas carols and shouted to each other. On the third day they had a sting planned with law enforcement. An undercover state policeman wore hunting clothes and four were arrested, prosecuted and found guilty. My family members were responsible for putting the first hunter harassment convictions in the New Jersey law files. The NJ Fish and Wildlife couldn’t thank them enough for taking the time and testifying in the municipal court in Vernon, New Jersey.

Comment

Acts 10:13 and Genesis 27:3

Comment

Glade to say! We don't have that Problem here in Fl.
                We have lots of State Hunting Land,Thousands of acers leased to Hunt/club,and Private owned land. The PETA Groups will go to jail for Trespass & Harassment in this State. This State Depends on Tourism....Off Shore Fishing,Bass Tournaments,Gator,Hog,Turkey and Deer Hunting and The "Mouse House" Bike Week,Daytona 500,Spring Breakers.

Comment

Gary-this was an excellent post and a good way to maybe stir the fire under the large group of hunters and fishers that shy away from the good fight of protecting our God given rights. One thing that we have going for us here in my part of Indiana is that we all hunt and I don't think I have ever met anyone that admitted to being affilated with any of those trashy anti hunting groups. The economy does play a small role in the reason that some don't join any groups to help hunting rights.

Comment

Gary, As IND_NRA commented too, it is "an excellent post"! The anti-hunting threat is real and is endangering not only our II Amendment rights but slowly eroding our privilege to hunt and fish, both on private land as well as public hunting grounds.

As you stated,"Most Sportsmen are like ostriches with their head in the sand," rings all too true. A lot of hunters remain indifferent, unaware or just ignorant of the reality of the facts.

With the way the economy is, one could expect the government to start seizing public lands, under the guise of paying off debt, which may end up in the hands of foreign investors or worse yet, anti-hunting groups. That land will be lost to hunters and sportsmen alike nation wide, never to be in the public domain again, diminishing the recreation and economy even further.

Gary, you are just one man sounding the alarm! But, it only takes one man to get men and women to answer the sound of the call.

The threat is real. The question is, How will the people respond?

Thank you Gary, for the thought provoking question! It could stir most hunters and anglers to move from indifference, ignorance and lethargy, to action that brings about the desired results for all like minded sportsmen. It is an American heritage that is being plundered right before our eyes.

Comment

Gary, in many states hunting and fishing is a multi-million dollar industry. The biggest weakness these groups have is that they have no solutions on how to make up the loss of dollars that this industry generates. Raising taxes on an already taxed out electorate does not sit well with the non-hunting public especially when they are footing the bill for the lost income and the management of wildlife that was once paid for by sportsmen through licenses and taxes on sporting goods. Also the rise in insurance rates and property damage caused by over populations of certain wildlife species will be paid for by the tax payer. I should also mention the loss of big retailers like Cabelas, Bass Pro shops and Gander Mountain is also a loss of JOBS which our shaky economy can't afford to lose. More unemployment does not get legislators re-elected as money trumps ideology. Your right sportsmen need to become more proactive and remind our representatives of the big picture here if they are not already aware and while we're at it let the non-hunting public know what the cost is going to be for them as these ideas are not without a price tag. Good post Gary.

Comment

Not that the hunter is apathetic, it's the fact the anti's are more motivated, and spend more time at going after what they want. Wyoming just rejected raising their hunting, licensing fees because their legislature said, "we do not want to make hunting an expensive outdoor activity, and raising the fee makes hunting too expensive. Now you are asking the hunter to continually dig deep to fight these folks. Find out who they are, and most that are contributing the big bucks, and want hunting eliminated are rich liberal elitists, and on Obama's side of the isle. He gets re-elected, and now their movement is even stronger.

Comment

When it comes to wildlife management, there is no way to get around killing some critters. Politicians who do not promote hunting usually do not serve a second term because, if unmanaged, wildlife will cause numerous problems and be a significant drain on society resources. I imagine you witnessed this when NJ bear season was closed a few years back Gary D. Bears were at or exceeding social carrying capacity, and a lot of bear complaints were not adequately addressed. Seems like the first thing the new governor did was open up bear season again!

Public image is everything when it comes to public support of hunting. When it comes to dealing with the anti's, we must keep our heads, stick to the facts, suck up our pride and let them act like emotional idiots. Attacking them does us no good, but a good defensive strategy should always be on hand. We must keep an eye on our political candidates around election time to make sure they have a strong positive attitude towards hunting. Fighting the anti's is a waste of time, money, and resources that would be better spent on public access, habitat management, and educational programs. As long as the general public supports hunting, there's not much to worry about. Many people have no problem with killing critters if they are causing financial distress or pose a threat to public health and safety, and there are even fewer people who wouldn't kill an animal to feed their family.

Comment

Bioguy, are you saying sportsmen should lie on their backs and spread their legs, like a scared dog? You said and I quote;

"Fighting the anti's is a waste of time, money, and resources that would be better spent of public access, habitat management, and educational programs."

I was trying to motivate sportsmen to join organizations and with the money from dues the clubs can have professional lobbyists fight the antis in the different State Capitals and in Congress.
                            Maybe everything is Peaches and Cream where you live but in New Jersey the anti hunters have stopped the NJ black bear hunt seven years. After reading your post those sportsmen in question can put their head back in the sand.

Comment

Gary, what would be some good pro hunting organizations to join? Are there any that fight against these (foolish) companies? I'm talking not talking about companies like DU, and NWTF (which I'm a member of), but maybe a company or organization that contributes to all outdoorsmen.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad