Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I might get a chance to hunt a family members place that has about 40 acres outside Waco Texas over spring break and I was wo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I might get a chance to hunt a family members place that has about 40 acres outside Waco Texas over spring break and I was wo

So I might get a chance to hunt a family members place that has about 40 acres outside Waco Texas over spring break and I was wondering what the hunting (and fishing) is like down there and what I might be able to get.

There are plenty of hogs to hunt, not much to hunt right now. There is the the brazos river to fish in and lake waco. There are some other spots to fish if you are willing to travel a little ways

Comment

Is the small game decent(squirrels, rabbits etc.)? When we go I won't have a whole lot of extra time so I will only be able to fish in a few ponds and hunt on his land.

Comment

Light geese (snows, blues, ross) Pigeons, Collared Doves, Starlings, House Finches, Armadillos, Bobcats, Coyotes, Flying squirrels, Frogs, Ground squirrels, Mountain lions, Porcupines, Prairie dogs, Rabbits, Turtles and Hogs are all in season right now.

Comment

Ok how is the hunting tho. Which of those are actually good to hunt for or are they just targets of opportunity?

Comment

Well, how could you resist hunting house finches and flying squirrels? Just kidding. Don’t know if there are hogs on your relative’s land, but if there are, that’s what I’d be hunting.

Comment

More than likely there will be hogs.If you can sour some corn,you can use plain deer corn and soak it in water, old beer,or diesel. they love it soaked in diesel it gives it a sweet taste(I'never tasted it but it works). put it around some form of water and they should come,but it can be hit and miss sometimes.
              there are plenty of coons here in texas and the will come into the soured corn as well. also lots of armadillos here. there are not porcupines,if there are they are very rare.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad