Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking to buy a new bow but I have a very tight budget. I currently have a PSE Spirit - a bow given to me by my dad who use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking to buy a new bow but I have a very tight budget. I currently have a PSE Spirit - a bow given to me by my dad who use

I'm looking to buy a new bow but I have a very tight budget. I currently have a PSE Spirit - a bow given to me by my dad who used it in the '90s. Its a great bow but its definitely time for an upgrade. My brother bought a 2012 model PSE Bow Madness 3G and loves it but I can't spend that kind of $$. Does anybody have any suggestions on a good bow that isn't going to break my wallet? I'd like to find something less than $400 but I know that's a slim to none chance. Any help is appreciated.

Check out Mission Archery. They are made by Mathews, they just don't have as big of a price tag. I shoot Mathews and I have heard great things about Mission. They advertise as a bow for a hunter on a budget. Check out bow shops for some good used bows. A lot of guys will get rid of last years model fairly cheap when this years model comes in.

Comment

hoyt charger you can get it for around 499$ it shoots 325fps very good and well built price point bow..

Comment

The Bear Encounter has been very highly reviewed if you are looking for something new ($299). If it were me, I would check your local archery stores and see if they have any used Hoyt's (I have the maxxis 35 and if you can find a used maxxis, its a great bow with relevant technology).

Comment

Go to your local Pawn Shops and check-out Craigslist. With $400.00 you should be able to find a top-of-the-line bow, including accessories for that.

Comment

PSE Rally or Mission Craze! Hurteau did a write up last year on four different cheap bows, these are two of those four. I found the article so here you go! hope it helps.

www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2012/07/four-bows-under-300

Comment

A week ago I picked up a PSE Bow Madness for 1/2 price ($399) out of Cabela's bargin cave.

Comment

i bought my cousins Bowtech tribute when i was 14 for $300. didnt break the bank but is a very comfortable bow and great quality. i have a friend with a PSE bow madness and you cant go wrong there either. hope this helps

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad