Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad did other states get hit by EHD for deer? worse or not at all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad did other states get hit by EHD for deer? worse or not at all.

How bad did other states get hit by EHD for deer? worse or not at all.

Montana got creamed in 2011 but I didn't see any evidence of it last season. Hopefully states like Nebraska will learn from Montana's mistakes and pull the tags back. The winter of 2010-11 was terrible hard on the antelope too and they didn't pull those tags back. Many out of state hunters got really cheesed off driving all the way out there in fall of 2011 only to find there were no whitetails OR antelope to fill their tags. Last fall I saw nine antelope late one afternoon over a period of five weeks I was there. Usually I'll see hundreds, sometimes a hundred in a bunch after the season has closed. I did see whitetails last fall but not anything like normal. Surprisingly, all residents could still by an extra antlerless whitetail tag right over the counter. That didn't seem to make much sense to me.

Comment

Nobody knows for sure in Ohio. I have heard estimates from 8,000 to 10,000. Probably not enough to change limits. Some counties it is one buck and 5 antler less.
      The drought made the condition worse last summer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
        by 99explorer
        I love it when I have these guys on the ropes, with each one hoping the other will bail them out.
        Hey CRM, have you heard any good conspiracy theories
        Today, 10:19 PM
      • 16 Years
        by jhjimbo
        So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
        08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
      • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
        by FirstBubba
        "... I should have been in Africa yesterday. Damned coronavirus! ..."
        Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; Today, 06:25 PM.
        Today, 10:15 PM
      • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
        by derek7
        Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
        08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
      • Reply to 16 Years
        by 99explorer
        Keep it up.
        We are still waiting for an answer to my question in comment #56.
        Today, 10:15 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X