Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I am trying to learn to shoot with both eyes open. I shoot left handed and have always had to close my right eye. When I lo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I am trying to learn to shoot with both eyes open. I shoot left handed and have always had to close my right eye. When I lo

So I am trying to learn to shoot with both eyes open. I shoot left handed and have always had to close my right eye. When I look down the barrel of a shotgun with both eyes open I see two beads. I think my eyes are co dominant. Any suggestions on how to shoot with both eyes open?

If your eyes are co dominate and you shoot left handed put a piece of tape over the right hand lense on your glasses.

Comment

You're not supposed to be focusing on the bead.
      Focus on the target and let your natural hand eye coordination rule. Track the target and keep the gun moving.

Comment

I've never had that problem and I can shoot both eyes open on both although it is a little harder on my left side. But I can tell you if aim your gun with the eye closed and open it and do that over and over you can teach yourself to shoot with both your eyes open.

Comment

ditto with what hoski said, your focusing in the bead it sounds like, focus on the target, if your gun is mounting correctly the bead will be lined up with your eye while your focusing on the target.

Comment

I'm left-handed and left eye dominate. As the others have written, focus on the target. My uncle was a top amateur trap shooter in the early '70's around here, and his words to me then was: keep both eyes open, your master eye will take you where you need to go. He also shoots a rifle, scoped or not, with both eyes open. Follow the advice of everyone above, bust open a case of clay birds, take your time and you'll be fine.

Comment

I just had to ask: are there (2) Beads on you Shotgun Bbl.Lol...keep your eyes open and on the target,Per Hoski.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad