Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone finding any good sheds yet? I haven't had a chance to get out. Any tips and tricks on where and when to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone finding any good sheds yet? I haven't had a chance to get out. Any tips and tricks on where and when to look?

Anyone finding any good sheds yet? I haven't had a chance to get out. Any tips and tricks on where and when to look?

I have been out twice and found 1 small shed at a fence crossing. Good places are trail crossings and food sources. Also bedding areas are good.

Comment

My hunting buddy was glassing o herd of a couple hundred elk and they were already all flat-tops. Should be a lot of sheds in that canyon if the critters haven't gnawed them to pieces.

Comment

yeah,we have to compete with the coyotes and squirrels for sheds around here.

Comment

Have found one whitetail shed on two trips but it was a dandy. Could barely get my hand around the base.

Comment

I've found a match set of a decent 8 point, tall and heavy. And I found one half of a real nice wide 8 point. I've had both on camera and have put in 12 miles of hiking around their core areas looking.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad