Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is best best scouting cam out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is best best scouting cam out there?

What is best best scouting cam out there?

I have 3 cams and my favorite is the bushnell trophy cam over wildgame and big game eyecon. Dont buy a big game eyecon trail cam they are the worst cam on the market. Trigger speed is over 10 seconds and less than 10 foot detection range even in cool weather. Serves better as a paperweight than a trail cam.

Comment

I use a stealth cam Skout-2 that works good. $75-$80 on sale.

Comment

I think the best would be a Reconyx, but those are also the most expensive.

Comment

If money were no object all I would own would be Reconyx, but sense it is I dont own any.I have an old school stealth cam prowler that is a great camera. Have had it sense about 2008 and it is still my work horse. Also I have the stealth cam archers choice, Its a great little camera as well and both are under $150.

Comment

I have used a lot of cameras and Reconyx is the best out there.

Comment

I have to say the MINOX DTC 600 Trail Cam.
              WWW.MINOX.COM

Comment

I know a guy that specializes in selling hunting properties. He scouts all these properties with cameras and uses the photos for marketing material. He has tried a lot of cameras and claims the reconyx is the best.

I'm too scared to leave an expensive camera in the woods so I buy Primo's 35 and have had very good luck with them. You can get them for under $100.

The minox that treestand recommends looks interesting. I have a compact spotter md50 that is very good for the money, almost on par with the nikon ed50 for half the money.

Comment

trailcampro.com you can use the guide to narrow your choices by picking the features most important to you

Comment

Yeah ive had problems with people with sticky fingers that wonder on to private property to...im a little nervoue about putting a whole months pay out on a tree without any supervision.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
                      by PigHunter
                      Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
                      Today, 06:44 PM
                    • How do you fly ?
                      by jhjimbo
                      Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                      Today, 04:18 PM
                    • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                      by PigHunter
                      Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
                      Today, 06:35 PM
                    • Handgun Laser Sights
                      by PigHunter
                      On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                      08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                    • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                      by PigHunter
                      Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
                      Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X