Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking into work in Kalispell. What is the hunting like in that part of Montana? Thank you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking into work in Kalispell. What is the hunting like in that part of Montana? Thank you.

I am looking into work in Kalispell. What is the hunting like in that part of Montana? Thank you.

Anywhere in Montana is awesome hunting. . I flew into Missoula, Montana but hunted Idaho for elk and mule deer. We drove from Missoula to a trail head and rode on horses in to the Idaho back country. It’s God’s Country out in those Rocky Mountain States.
    Good luck hunting!

Comment

plenty of public land in that area.

Comment

Unbelievable, but you need help, don't be too proud to ask the locals for advice. Don't expect a GPS to their hunting areas but with all that public ground scouting is key. I Hunted elk there at Hungry Horse and was unsuccessful because I thought I could just drive there and hunt. The next year I scouted all summer a lot further south and was successful. The area is one of the nicest places on earth to live.

Comment

Look in my profile photos. I was raised there and shot some nice animals in the Flathead but a lot has changed in 25 years. Comparatively speaking, it's downright nutty in that country now. Very sad to see what's happening. Go to the east side and hunt. Less crazy imported transplants carving everything up and a lot more game.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad