Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok guys im interested in the new 17wsm. was wondering if anyone here has one or if they are even out yet and what they cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok guys im interested in the new 17wsm. was wondering if anyone here has one or if they are even out yet and what they cost

ok guys im interested in the new 17wsm. was wondering if anyone here has one or if they are even out yet and what they cost

I believe it should be available in April sometime. You'll be able to a Savage bolt-action chambered in it for about $350. At least that is what I heard.

Comment

You can look at the new Savage rifle in their catalog on the website. It is not on the site itself but towards the back of the catalog you can access online. MSRP 350.00 if I remember right.
      Savage has outdone itself in the ugly department on this one, in my opinion. I will probably still get one but I may wait to see if CZ or Winchester will make a nicer looking version.

Comment

Can any of the .17hmr be converted or are the actions not strong enough?

Comment

From what I understand most 17 hmr actions are not stong enough and even if the are there may be bolt face issues,chuckles your dead on that savage is ugly!

Comment

Pmacc60 it's almost like they asked themselves what makes a fine looking firearm and then deliberately did the opposite. What's with the bolt shroud being upside down?

Comment

I hate to pick on savage but PU! They should name this rifle the wart hog. I can't figure that bolt shroud either?

Comment

I don't follow - ugly? I saw a video on youtube where a savage rep introduced the new .17 supmag. They call it the B-Mag. It looked real nice - like a scaled down centerfire. Check it out, maybe you were looking at the wrong rifle.

Comment

jhjimbo I went back and it just isn't for me. I was hoping for more of their Classic look with wood and blue. Probably a lot to ask for 350.00. I bet the varmints are not going to be so critical.
                  I will probably still buy one, hopefully aftermarket stocks will follow.

Comment

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, you may like the looks and more power to you. I also saw the savage rep.video and I have one on order but to me its uglllllllly. JMO

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                      by franchi20
                      I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
                      Today, 07:40 PM
                    • Debate #2: new rules
                      by FirstBubba
                      New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                      The "Biden Campaign"!...
                      10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                    • Reply to What's after Trump?
                      by franchi20
                      Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                      Today, 07:34 PM
                    • What's after Trump?
                      by FirstBubba
                      No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                      There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                      Today, 01:46 PM
                    • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                      by fitch270
                      The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                      Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X