Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advise. Just purchased a Mossberg 935 with a 28 in. barrel for turkey season, it's a little long i know but it will d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advise. Just purchased a Mossberg 935 with a 28 in. barrel for turkey season, it's a little long i know but it will d

Need some advise. Just purchased a Mossberg 935 with a 28 in. barrel for turkey season, it's a little long i know but it will do just fine. Also bought a Carlson's ported turkey choke .675 constriction. So my question is to anyone who has this combo and\or has some insight on what turkey ammo patterns the best, Brand, size shot, and shell length. Ammo isn't cheap, a little help from my fellow hunters would be great. Thanks for your time.

not real sure with your combonation but my friend has a mosseburg not sure which one and i have a remington and hevi shot 3 1"2 are killers

Comment

I have a Mossberg 835 with the short barrel and it kills turkeys like it hates them. HeviShot in #6 is what I like and does a good job, but the real killer is the Federal Heavyweight #6 3.5 inch. The price of the Federal shells makes shooting a turkey a financial commitment, but you get what you pay for. The mixed shot sizes in a single shell sound good, but I've never tried them. If you try the Federals, make sure your choke is ported parallel with the barrel or it will strip away the shot cup prematurely---that shot cup is what gives you the superior range and pattern density that Federal boasts over other shells. Any way you go, high density shot are vastly superior to lead in range and the ability to hit a turkey hard with smaller shot.

Comment

3 inch #4 shot Federal turkey load and there is nothing wrong with a longer barrel.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad