Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe a dumb question... what do you do with crows when you hunt them? What is the purpose of hunting them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a dumb question... what do you do with crows when you hunt them? What is the purpose of hunting them?

Maybe a dumb question... what do you do with crows when you hunt them? What is the purpose of hunting them?

Kill em and hang them up in your garden. It will keep the rest of the crows out of your garden. Hang them high enough that the varmints can't get them and us enough string that they will blow in the wind. You want have to worry about them pecking your watermelons or pulling up your corn anymore.

Comment

10 4. Since I dont have a garden and dont grow watermelons I guess I dont have a reason to shoot em!

Comment

10 4. Since I dont have a garden and dont grow watermelons I guess I dont have a reason to shoot em!

Comment

Crows are pests and fun to hunt, as they can be very wary. Decoys and calls are used to bring them within gun range. An owl decoy perched on top of a dead crow often gets them angry enough to come in to attack the offending owl.

Comment

I just watch a show yesterday about hunting crows and they eat the crows they killed.

Comment

I thought the expression "eat crow" meant something else.

Did Hitchcock use crows or ravens? What is the difference?

Comment

I am going to make jerky out of them and use them as dog treats.

Comment

Ravens are bigger and they play football.

Comment

wannabe1, nice mahi-mahi or common dolphinfish in your profile photo. Where did you catch one that big, in Hawaii? The green and yellow in that fish makes an awesome mount. Congrats!

Comment

@gary Devine. Gulfstream off the coast of Georgia. Very first trip. I didn't have a true appreciation for those fish until I saw one in real life. Most amazing thing I've ever seen

Comment

wannabe1, I caught them off the North Carolina Outer Banks but they were half the size of your fish. They are also one of the best eating fish around.

Comment

No joke! I got a buddy that's teaching me everything he knows. If you're ever in the area give me a holler

Comment

wannabe1, my brother bought a house last year in the northwestern part of Georgia, in a town called Rockmart. Maybe some day I get down there to visit him and I send you a post via this website. We can go out to breakfast and have those southern grits with eggs.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad