Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with the Jackal crossbow from Barnett? Can anyone suggest a good entry level crossbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with the Jackal crossbow from Barnett? Can anyone suggest a good entry level crossbow

Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with the Jackal crossbow from Barnett? Can anyone suggest a good entry level crossbow for a beginner? Also, can arrows used for hunting with a compound be shorten to use with a crossbow? (Is it safe/effective?)

I just purchased a Horton Brotherhood and have had some trouble sighting in. Guy at local archery shop said it was great entry level crossbow. Sighting issues are the user. In my defense, I've only been able to shoot it a dozen times.

Comment

My friends all swear to their "Ten Point" crossbow. My friend broke his bow quiver on his Ten Point crossbow and Customer Service department sent him another one free of charge. I talked to an employee working in a D.ck's sporting good store. He said Barnett customer service is horrible and the pits.

ronad6, check for yourself and call both Customer service departments and see for your self. Good Luck!

Comment

ronad6, D.ck's were selling Barnett crossbows and the employee spoke bad about them. He said many were coming back with problems.

Comment

Never tried the Jackal series, but their price was tempting when I was shopping around. A Bass Pro Shops employee steered me toward the Excalibur crossbows and I am glad he did. I couldn't be happier with it. I think they have an entry level bow called the Axiom. As for your arrow question, they use different nocks and I have heard the weight range is more critical with a crossbow, so I wouldn't try using them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad