Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been injured while hunting or fishing? Bad fall, twisted ankle, broken bone, branch fall on your head, hypothermia, he

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ontario, It was a long time ago but I am almost positive the Doctor said I "scratch the retina". There some things in life, you don't forget. How many times do you go to the hospital? I remember every visit to the emergency ward.

Comment

Gary, the cornea is the outer layer over the lens. I once scratched mine when I fell on a stick fighting wildfire. Just like you, it required some drops and wearing a patch for a couple of days. Painful at the time but okay after a few days. The retina is the layer INSIDE the eyeball that receives light patterns and transmits them to optic nerve attached at back of eyeball. Damage to retina is usually referred to as "tears" and will usually become a detachment if not treated quickly. The detachment occurs when vitreous fluid inside the eye works through the tear and bubbles the retina away from the sclera, much like water getting underneath wallpaper. A tear must be repaired, usually with laser treatment. You wouldn't forget that! Ugh! Terribly painful. Minor damage to cornea is typically referred to as a "scratch." How do I know all this? Over the last ten years I have had three retina detachments and countless tears in the left eye as well as two retinal tears in the right eye. Required three major surgeries and I don't remember how many laser patch jobs. Painful? Actually, the damage is spontaneous and painless. The treatment though ... I think I'm going to have to pop a Valium just thinking about it!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Presidential Debate
        by crm3006
        Just a heads up, bandicoot. creepy joe's handlers are well capable of canceling the debate on the day it is scheduled. Nothing is too lowlife for dem...
        Today, 01:10 PM
      • Presidential Debate
        by jhjimbo
        Mark your calendar, Tuesday, 29th from The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio. Sleepy Joe and Donald Trump. Get your popcorn ready for the show.
        09-24-2020, 08:40 AM
      • Reply to The Horse Race
        by crm3006
        BH75R: " Is there anything that turkey will not believe from yahoo ?"

I don't think there is a lie outrageous enough that the bandicoot...
        Today, 12:58 PM
      • The Horse Race
        by rock rat
        There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time...
        Yesterday, 09:43 AM
      • Reply to How Do They
        by crm3006
        jhjimbo- If you go to your profile and then to account, you can put them on the ignore list and you won't see their posts. I have 27 "bots"...
        Today, 12:46 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X