Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any experience with the hornady superformance varmint ammo? I just got some for my 22-250 and wondered if they

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any experience with the hornady superformance varmint ammo? I just got some for my 22-250 and wondered if they

Does anyone have any experience with the hornady superformance varmint ammo? I just got some for my 22-250 and wondered if they are worth the exta $ can you tell that much of a difference?

I used them in my 17/Hornet,22Mag,223,243,7mm/08,30/30, the Superformance Ammo Ads 200+FPS to all Calibers they load for and the most Accurate factory Ammo Ever, you get what you pay for....JMO~Hornady Ammo is worth the Extra Money!

Comment

ive shot them out of my AR chambered in .223....very accurate factory ammo, have not seen them perform on game, only paper targets.

Comment

I got a box of 30-06 superformace to try. Accuracy was good but chronogphed they did not do any better than other brands or my handloads. I never hunted with them as i use my handloads.

Comment

I haven't used Hornady's .22-250 ammunition, since I load my own and I'm fairly well zeroed with my loads, but I have used their .22 Hornet and .223 ammunition. I reload those as well, but an unexpected weekend opportunity caught me without ammunition loaded and ready. The ammunition for both performed very well and the brass is excellent. The fired cases were very consistent in weight when checked on a scale.
          I did encounter an issue with the .22 Hornet; the diameter of the primer hole on the Hornady .22 Hornet brass was smaller than the diameter of the decapping pin on my sizing die. Overlooking that, the .22 Hornet was devastating on desert jackrabbits. I'd say it's worth a few extra dollars.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad