Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you define yourself as more of a shooter or a hunter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mdhunter1
    replied
    uhhhhhh.....shunter

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    I'm more a shooter than hunter mainly because that's all I can make time for. I have found that I really enjoy load development for my varied rifles and can get out an do an hour or so of shooting but have trouble getting the time off to hunt with family obligations.

Leave a comment:

• small game sportsman
    replied
    both

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I don't hunt big game anymore but when I did I was a tracker and that is pure hunting. Hunting geese over decoys is more of a shooting thing but pheasants with the dogs is definitely hunting in the purest sense. I only spend enough time on the range to get my hunting rifle sighted in.

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    Hunter all the way. I just shoot to be a better hunter.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    cb bob; Meaning to tell you, Pilgrim that is a one great avatar.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I'm primarily a varmint-shooter. There's not a great deal of hunting or stalking involved, largely a matter of position, range estimation and having worked up accurate handloads for a given rifle.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Much more of a hunter while working, now retired i enjoy hunting and shooting about equal.

Leave a comment:

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    I'm more of a hunter, but I do like to stay as sharp by busting (or trying to) clay birds with my kids.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    I love to hunt, and will hunt almost everything with-in my abilites. But i really do have a good time shooting too. Weather it is with a couple of friends in a friendly competition or on a bench in a gravel pit alone it is a really enjoyable past time for me. My wife bought me an automatic thrower because she was getting tired of throwing for me. I guess im real similar to Happy. But i spend many more hours hunting than I do shooting.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    I'm a duck hunter. I'll put a deer in the freezer, but my dog Glock and I live to watch'em drop their feet with their wings cupped. My new wife, who named Glock, is a shooter.

Leave a comment:

• Ga hunter
    replied
    I love but hunting ALWAYS comes first. My hunting "career" started as curiosity which then turned into something much stronger and much more passionate. There's just something about outwitting an animal and harvesting it that just drives me wild and makes me want to do it more. I love shooting, especially skeet but hunting always beats shooting! A

Leave a comment:

• cb bob
    replied
    I am a hunter, but when the season ends, I will get out every other weekend and shoot.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I was more of a shooter until one time I had to hunt with a borrowed rifle. Then I became more focused on the hunt than the equipment, and have continued to do so ever since.

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    I am a hunter. I would rather work for a trophy, than be set up to just shoot. Scouting is at least 90% of the hunt.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad