Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you hunting or fishing for at this time and what are you preparing for in the next month or so? In what part of the cou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you hunting or fishing for at this time and what are you preparing for in the next month or so? In what part of the cou

What are you hunting or fishing for at this time and what are you preparing for in the next month or so? In what part of the country?

Right now I'm about ready to put my coat and boots on and head over to the local reservoir to jig for some trout through the ice. Trout season ends here Thursday so this is the last chance to catch a couple through the ice.

Comment

Getting ready to fish checking out boat and tackle also doing a little time on the loading bench.

Comment

Right now the water is kinda cold for fishing, but hopefully bass will be active once it warms up a little. Hunting wise, I'm hunting (when I can actually go) for yotes and crows. Next month it's turkey time for me!

Comment

I started a new job in January so I have done little of either. Turkey season is a couple months away so I have been practicing calling. I switched out rings and scopes on a couple rifles and need to sight them in at the range as soon as we get even decent weather. I see the fishing sales are starting so it's time to stock up on line and make some spinners up. Got a bear skull coming that I have to make a stand for. This is when winter starts to seem endless up in MN. Come on spring!

Comment

Getting ready for next duck season. Looking at platt maps for fields to lease, scouting the river. Also waiting for the water to warm a bit for fishing.

Comment

Getting ready for a mini-blizzard. Got nuthin' right now! Lake too low, water too cold and turkey over a month away! (Apr6)

Comment

Still chasing yotes. Going muskie fishing now.

Comment

Hunting with the trail cameras. Checking out all the long beard tom turkeys for this spring.

Comment

Was going to the range today, but with winds gusting to 60 miles per hour, could not even keep targets up. Am trying to get logistical things in order for my third trip to the jungle of Cameroon for sitatunga. Important to workout at gym, practice shooting, and arrange gear. Even air fair is work to arrange. A visa requires an OK from doctor, a letter from a bank, rifle permits are difficult and continual discussions with airlines regarding firearms. LAX is one of the worst airports in world to transport firearms through. To avoid flying Air France am going via South Africa which requires an extra permit. My old age does not make it any easier. On the bright side I am a very lucky man to have the opportunity to go on these adventures.

Comment

If I can get my heart problems under control I'll be heading up to SE Ak with Glock to chase steelhead by mid April. I'll be headed back to NY in mid Oct for the ducks.

Comment

In southern Oregon's high desert, alfalfa harvests (3 per year on well-irrigated ranches) are beginning and ground squirrel, jackrabbit and coyote activity is increasing. I have a battery of .22 centerfire rifles, and time to prepare.

Comment

Since bird season closed I have been hunting for blonds. I would settle for a brunette. Not sure what the bag limit is in this town but there sure are plenty of em. Bags I mean.

Comment

Down here on the Gulf Coast, I've been limiting out on pompano when I can get out to the beach between fronts. Today, I caught a 14# redfish and a 7# sheephead in the surf on light tackle. Good eats and good action. Turkey season starts in less than three weeks.

Comment

Trout in a few spots that have never iced over. After March 1st I'll head to some special regulation "fly fishing only" streams to continue my trout fishing since the season closes till mid april.

Also, heading to a reservoir with a friend who has been filling his freezer with walleye.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                                by fitch270
                                I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                                Today, 01:40 PM
                              • 300 yard .22lr
                                by jhjimbo
                                Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                                Today, 11:28 AM
                              • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                                by jhjimbo
                                I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                                Today, 01:28 PM
                              • Cheaper Than Dirt
                                by jhjimbo
                                Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                                Today, 12:21 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                So Trumpish. Everything is about looking for dirt. Or making it up (e.g. the "birther" crap). The guy couldn't win on his merits ... because...
                                Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X