Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok guys just got my ruger m77 mark 2 today in 300 win mag what are the best bullets to use for deer and bear hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok guys just got my ruger m77 mark 2 today in 300 win mag what are the best bullets to use for deer and bear hunting

ok guys just got my ruger m77 mark 2 today in 300 win mag what are the best bullets to use for deer and bear hunting

Lots of great bullets nowadays... decisions, decisions, decisions. I personally like to shoot the one that is most accurate in my rifle. I like the Bergers for long range shooting because of superb accuracy. The Barnes TTSX bullets are always good and would be great for bear. The Nosler Accubond is also a very good bullet that hits hard and is very accurate. For deer, the 165g bullet will be good. The Hornday SST has been one of the most accurate for me in that size. For bears, the 180g is about optimum and for deer the 165g. Enjoy that fine rifle!

Comment

my dad has the same rifle it loves the 180 grn nosler partition protected point. great groups nothing has gotten away after being hit by it.

Comment

Congratulations, you have a great rifle and cal. DM gave you good advice, start with that and you will be on the right track.What scope are you going with? An old friend of mine would say without a good scope you have half a gun!

Comment

i will be putting a nikon prostaff 4-12 by 50 on it

Comment

For my 300WSM and the animals you list I only look at 3 bullets. Hornady 165 grain Interlocks and Hornady 165 grain SST's and 165 grain Nosler Accubonds. Either one of the 3 has never let me down. People think you need heavier bullets for bear but we have 400+ pound bear here in WV and the 165 grain .30 caliber bullets do a great job on them all of the time.

Comment

I put Federal Vital Shock 180 gr Barnes TSX through my .300. I use that for elk, so the 180 gr might be to much for deer, like others have said the 165 gr would be good.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to lightfoot lindsey graham
                by jhjimbo
                Jack and Mike are comming to D.C. tomorrow.
                Obama investigation and related investigations is being quarterbacked by Barr.

Congratulations...
                Today, 11:58 AM
              • lightfoot lindsey graham
                by crm3006
                Fox’s Lou Dobbs slams Lindsey Graham, ‘betrayed the American people’

October 24, 2020

Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs had some harsh...
                Yesterday, 08:19 AM
              • Reply to Rest Easy
                by jhjimbo
                Best way to take the heat off AR type rifles is to show more pictures of AR's with game taken in various hunting articles, show more AR's in the hands...
                Today, 11:51 AM
              • Rest Easy
                by jhjimbo
                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
              • Reply to biden corruption! This is some serious stuff.
                by crm3006
                "So SANTA is fake"

Oh ye of little faith, and an overload of cynicism! Santa exists, and is proven to exist, every Christmas! Santa...
                Today, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X