Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best .30-06 load for deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best .30-06 load for deer hunting?

What is the best .30-06 load for deer hunting?

My .06 shoots Remington Core-Lokt 180gr. very well. But, as said quite a few times in the past, every gun is different and likes different ammo. I know guys who prefer Federal for instance. And guys who like 150gr. or 165gr. Experimenting with different ammo is key to finding what shoots best out of your gun.

Comment

My 300WSM shoots Hornady 165 Interlocks and Nosler 165 Accubonds well and they perform well and I don't see why they wouldn't do the same in a 30-06.

Comment

Regular old Winchester Super X power points.

Comment

My rifle likes 150-grain Remington Core-Lokts.

Comment

You need to put in the work shoot some different loads and see what works best in your rifle. I started shooting 150 gr. silvertips in my rifle and killed a few deer,then loaded some 165 nos partitions and got so much better performance. It made the rifle for me.

Comment

Handloads with 180gr Nosler Partition

Comment

As Pmacc60 said, try some various loads to see which is best. My Ruger likes 165 gr Hornady SST's. That's heavy enough for deer and you get superior velocity. The other bullet I have used is the Speer 150 gr. It has also taken mule deer out to 300 yards.

Comment

Hand loads with 150g or 165g Hornady SSTs or where ranges might be longer, 185g Bergers.

Comment

Also, i like Weatherby 30-06 with 165gr bullet.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad