Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer to hunt deer with a bow or a gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer to hunt deer with a bow or a gun?

Do you prefer to hunt deer with a bow or a gun?

I would much rather bow hunt. Its more natural and I get to see so much more wildlife and almost no other hunters. Its primal.

Comment

Gun but i can use a crossbow. Arthritis keeps me from a compound.

Comment

Taking a nice buck with a bow and arrow is more rewarding. Your shot is within thirty yards. Some bow hunters take forty yard shots. A tree branch or some leafs could deflect the arrow's flight. A deer sometimes could hear the bow being drawn with the slightest noise. A rifle with a scope can reach out six hundred yards or more. I hunt with a rifle and a scope and with a compound bow, when you bag game, there no comparison between the two.

Comment

Gun.

Comment

The bow-hunter gets an early jump on the hunting season, but has to deal with the limitations of the bow. I prefer to hunt with a rifle, as I need all the help I can get.

Comment

I hunt archery, rifle and muzzleloader here in MN but archery is definitely my favorite. The lack of pressure and up close encounters on the ground make for months of fun.

Comment

Flintlock, patch and round ball. You ain’t lived until you pull that trigger and 2 heartbeats later a BOOM and a cloud of smoke pour out the end. At every pull you wonder if you misfired. It is very bench rest accurate, but you have to hold it through that 1/2 second delay or you got nothing. Loads of adult fun.

Comment

I prefer a scoped centerfire rifle for deer hunting.
                  Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

I love them both.

Comment

I hunt archery, rifle, and muzzleloader (both flintlock and in-line). Archery is my favorite. The time of year, not as many other hunters, the action of the rut(PA's rut takes place durring archery season), and the just primitive feeling of taking game with a bow and arrow. Flintlock is a closs second. I hunt late season flintlock when archery and rifle has failed me and it is an absolute blast.

Comment

Centerfire rifle- There is nothing like the smell of gunpowder in the early morning.

Comment

I much rather prefer to hunt with a bow, but when I need to put meat in the freezer, the bow will stay in it's case. Sometime years I cannot financially afford to bow hunt, but that's life.

Comment

any hunting is better than a day of anything else but bow hunting is a true adrenaline rush.

Comment

Andrew; Must disagree, Fishing is better for me than hunting. Hunting is a close second though.

Love to slowly walk the dog (top water lure) at dusk over some weeds and wait for it to explode at anytime when a fish decides to smack it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad