Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How has climate change affected your hunting or fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How has climate change affected your hunting or fishing?

How has climate change affected your hunting or fishing?

Big game season seems to be a lot warmer. Last year in january black powder season i was out in just a light weight jacket.
    Lake Erie is down about 5', not sure how that will affect this year fishing.
    We do not seem to get the extreme cold like we used to. One year we were at our cabin in the Adirondacks and the actual temp went down to -52 below. When it warmed up to -32 we went snowmobiling and thought it was a heat wave.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

I've seen no evidence of 'climate change'. Hunting and fishing has not been affected.
            Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

It's weather, it constantly changes! I remember a few years back when we had a really cold winter across the whole country. Just cause you have a warm couple of years doesn't mean that global warming or whatever, is actually happening.

Comment

Climate change is a false theory with no evidence to actually prove it is true. No offense, your entitled to your own opinion as much as I am to mine.

Comment

Warmer fall weather has definitely affected the elk migration and deer activity in our little part of the world. Weather patterns have fluctuated as far back as the Ice Age, so change is always inevitable.

Comment

We have had 2 years of warm fall and winter weather. And that's exactly what it is, weather! Climate is the the prevailing weather conditions over an extended amount of time. Considering the earth is something like 4.6 billion years old (I might be off by a billion or so) 2 years is a speck on the timeline. That being said the last 2 years have been the worst waterfowl seasons I have experienced. I hope we snap out of this weather pattern soon.

Comment

The Army Corp of Engineers site says Erie is at 569.2 and is expected to increase 4 inches in the next month. Erie is only down 6 inches from the long term monthly average for February. It is currently 26 inches higher than the lowest February monthly mean level recorded in 1936.
                      Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

The climate is changing. It has always been changing, and will continue to change. There really is no debating this fact. I can go pick up sharks teeth in creeks near my home, 200+ miles from the coast.

What CAN be debated are the causes, and weather or not mans actions have anything to do with it.

Now that we have that out of the way; The deer have been rutting later in the year than in the past. The state is shifting the deer season into February in the southern part of Alabama. I am sure that this will have a ripple effect and cause other seasons to be shifted aswell.

Comment

PigHunter
                          The news around here said Erie was down the 5'. Boats in the marina where i go were sitting on the bottom last fall.
                          I don't know what the reason is - we are having a lite snow winter so far so this spring will tell the story.
                          hawndog
                          I sensed the activity shifting here in ohio but yours is the first i have heard of the state shifting the seasons to compensate.

Comment

Global Warming = Junk Science

Climate change? It's already been stated! Mother Earth has already seen an Ice Age come and go! So? It's not like any of us will live long enough to see another Ice Age come and/or go!

psssst!
                            ...when the first Ice Age came about, there were no aerosol products or petroleum industries! don't tell anyone, we don't want to upset the Liberals!

Comment

Jimbo, here's a link from ODNR about lake level changes that you may find interestingly enough not due to climate change or global warming or whatever they choose to call it today.

www.dnr.state.oh.us/geosurvey/tabid/7829/Default.aspx

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad