Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the reason for the shortage of .22lr Ammo

What is the reason for the shortage of .22lr Ammo

Have you been living under a rock? Haha, couldn't resist. But seriously just turn on your tv.

Comment

Panic buying and hoarding. I just watched a video on the production of .22 ammo at the CCI plant. Ready for this, they make 4 million rounds a day. Somebody is buying a lot of ammo.
      Anybody have any stock in a gun or ammo companie should have a nice gain in value.

Comment

Lot of people doing a lot of unnecessary buying. Some hear there's a shortage and go looking to buy some even though they don't need it.

Comment

More demand than supply. Econ 101.

Comment

Barack Hussein Obama, gun salesman of the year.

Comment

That's funny WAM! I don't care who you are! LOL!!!

Comment

WAM's right. Everytime I say it I get a bunch of -1s but he's absolutely right! I went to the local gun store a week ago; there were over sixty people in a lottery to by the four (4) ARs the store had! I've now seen everything!

Comment

Panic buying is one cause, but so is the inevitable price increase.

Comment

Safado- by the sounds of it, your local gun store owner is too smart of a business man to be caught making a deal with. Auctioning off the rights to purchase something for probably near double it's original value... Ingenious...

Comment

WAM beat me to it.

Comment

22 LR has always been a good deal. Its so inexpensive people can hoard it easily even on a limited budget.

Comment

My local Gander Mountain store has a good variety of .22LR ammo in stock, but no CCI Green Label ammo, which is what I want. I can wait until the panic subsides.

Comment

99explorer - I have 100 rounds of CCI Green Tag...perhaps we can make a trade because in my neck of the woods I can't find any high velocity rounds.

Comment

Zombies.- Seriously. It is the preferred bullet for people who go to the range to practice their Zombie shooting skills. Rem 36grain JHP is starting to show up. Just picked a box yesterday.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad