Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi I am a whitetail hunter in SE Nebraska and this will be my first year feeding out and patterning deer. I have purchased a nic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioguy01
    replied
    Nate - Go to www.biggamelogic.com and make your camp map, then friend me (I'm bioguy there too). Once I see what you're working with I can give you some recommendations. You may be better off enhancing natural vegetation rather than feeding, but I won't know until I see what you have to work with. As far as patterning bucks...get yourself a couple more trail cams if you can afford it, and use the big game logic website to keep track of your bigger bucks. I do some writing on their website about how to use the website's mapping tools to pattern all kinds of critters, so you may want to check out those articles.

Leave a comment:

• mike0714
    replied
    It all depends on access. If you can put in a drinker do it. An old tub sunk in to the ground or a liner covered hole filled by rain is better than nothing. A gravity fed drinker with a large storage tank would be best but they require space to get a truck back to where you want the drinker and more money. Gravity tanks also require u to bring in water.

Leave a comment:

• Hi I am a whitetail hunter in SE Nebraska and this will be my first year feeding out and patterning deer. I have purchased a nic

Hi I am a whitetail hunter in SE Nebraska and this will be my first year feeding out and patterning deer. I have purchased a nice trail cam and have a spot in mind where I'd like to set it up. I do not have the resources avaliable to plant a food plot but am able to use feeds and attractants. what brand do you suggest? Also, the drought in NE this summer is supposed to be really bad so what can i do about a water source? Is there any way to waterproof my trail? Any other tips about patterning some big bucks from spring until the rut?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad