Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son went looking for antler sheds and found that two trail cameras were stolen. This makes five this year, has anyone had thi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son went looking for antler sheds and found that two trail cameras were stolen. This makes five this year, has anyone had thi

My son went looking for antler sheds and found that two trail cameras were stolen. This makes five this year, has anyone had this problem? Has any of you used the remote type?

Sorry, don't use 'em. Spoils the surprise during hunting season!

Comment

I have had my camera stolen. I bought a new stealth cam and currently have it out. I highly recommend getting a bearbox for your cameras. Mine has five inch screws going from it to the tree and a giant master lock on it. It will work well. Also, if you have multiple cams set up, take one and conceal it, focusing it on a perhapse less expensive one. It's a crapshoot but it just might work. Good luck.
      -Jack

Comment

With electronics development. I do not know why manufactures do not employee the same technology as some car radios. A plate could be mounted on the tree first. The camera could be mounted on the prongs of a plate. Completing the electric circuit and a code could be punched in activating the camera. Removing the camera would break the circuit and render the device useless to all but the code possessor. Of course you would need a sign describing this in very simple language.

Comment

Cutt-Back is working on a GPS chip for there trail cams to your cell-phone.

Comment

put one in the same spot with a GPS in it so you can track it.

Comment

well i am sorry to hear that you lost another one. I feel your pain, I had one in a chage locked up to a tree with a 8 gauge steel cable. still got stolen

Comment

I bought a camera this year. The clerk told me he had a customer who had one stolen. In it the customer had put a little note saying he had the guys picture that was taken by another hidden camera. Two days later the stolen camera showed up.

Comment

You should always hide your trail cameras. It sad that a few low life scum bags are too cheap to buy their on camera, and will swoop to that level of stealing. I set up my camera and get a large fallen tree branch and place it in front of the camera. You only need a little opening for the lens. I also used pine and spruce green branches for the camera camo. Always buy camo trail cams. If you put a black trail camera, and camo trail camera, on the same tree, and walk out forty yards, then look back the black camera stands out like a sore thumb. Put camo netting around it.

Comment

Use a Python cable lock. The cheap sake thief, needs bolt cutters or a hack saw to get the trail camera. How many woodsmen walk around the woods with bolt cutters or a hack saw in their hand. If you see someone carrying those items get his license plate from his vehicle. or get his hunting license number from his back. Call the Conservation Officer, and give him all the infomation.

Comment

gary that is exactly what I had. its crazy that people think that they should take what isnt theres.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad