Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small game sportsman
    replied
    Either use a call or learn were they like to go. From my experience, crows tend to congregate in the same area from day to day. (The call is easier and more likely to work constantly)

Leave a comment:

• Ga hunter
    replied
    If you have access to an electronic call try a 'fighting crows" sound! Drives them crazy every time! Owl or bird of prey decoys work great!

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    The best way for me has been an electronic call with an owl decoy. They are very wary birds though so you need to sit still and be well concealed. You also have to be prepared for more straight overhead shots than with any other type of bird hunting.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    You can also catch them on the ground in the fields. A .22mag works good.

Leave a comment:

• JustTakeMeHunting14
    replied
    @thehunter98.6 a lot of people eat crow just like others eat dove, squirrel, or rabbit. Others might shoot them to keep more crops in the fields.
    @huntersboy you will need a good shotgun and you hunt them in a similar fashion as you would doves, or you can take advantage of their scavenger aspects and have some bait like bluegill heads or deer guts out. Depends on your state game laws and preferences

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Check you Game Laws first. Baiting and Electric calls could put you in front of the Honorable Judge with a nice monetary fine.
    I would use a mouth crow call, and a Horned Owl decoy with the moveable head. Crows and Ravens hate most birds of prey.

Leave a comment:

• thehunter98.6
    replied
    Why do you hunt crows?What do you do with them? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    easiest way is to get your hands on an electric call, and put on the crow frenzy or whatever it may be called. i usually like to call in the woods, but a field edge will work to as long as you stay concealed (cant stress that enough!!!!). full camo is a must, these birds have excellent eye sight and will flare off very easily, especially if they are being hunted a lot. the first few birds you kill, toss them up in the trees around you. these will act as your decoys, and the rest of the birds coming in will be more at ease seeing their "buddies" in the trees. your going to wanna shoot a semi auto or a pump gun because you will get plenty of opportunity at multiple birds. i regularly knock down doubles and triples. i shoot 2 3/4" #6's. minimum i would shoot is #7 1/2. crows are notorious for being shot and flying quite a distance then dropping.

Leave a comment:

• andrewmaxwell97
    replied
    I have a part of a deer that I killed laying in a corner of my yard and there was 5 crows and two hawks around it today. If baiting dosent work they come to predator calls alot. When I go coyote hunting I always call in plenty of crows

Leave a comment:

• huntersboy
    started a topic what is the best way to hunt crows?

what is the best way to hunt crows?

what is the best way to hunt crows?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad