Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is an odd question, but has anybody heard of rabbit jerky, a guy once told me it was great, but I'm not so sure. Any opinio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an odd question, but has anybody heard of rabbit jerky, a guy once told me it was great, but I'm not so sure. Any opinio

This is an odd question, but has anybody heard of rabbit jerky, a guy once told me it was great, but I'm not so sure. Any opinions?

Rabbit jerky! Never had it but I bet it would be good.

Comment

I accidentally made some once, the first time I tried to smoke some rabbit. I didn't really know how to use my smoker yet and basically ended up with jerky. I was good enough (as jerky, terrible as smoked rabbit) that I would try it again.

Comment

With the right maranade, tenderizing, and smoking, a dog turd would undoubtedly make good jerky.

Comment

OH, I think you are right. I have made jerky out of everything from Emu, Alligator, feral hog, turkey, and the Bonita that we normally just catch for bait. I have even seen jerky made out of Nutria down in Louisiana, so if it can crawl, walk, swim, or fly, it can probably be turned into jerky.

Comment

I've made lots Rabbit jerky. Whole mscle is tough to make because the muscles are so small. It can be run through a tenderizer to even the thickness. Most of it was ground and extruded. Very good stuff. Don't over season it or you will loose the natural flavor.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad