Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What electronics do you use or carry with you when hunting? What electronics are prohibited, if any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What electronics do you use or carry with you when hunting? What electronics are prohibited, if any?

What electronics do you use or carry with you when hunting? What electronics are prohibited, if any?

Just my cell phone for emergencies, but a few years ago, my hunting partner and I carried walkie-talkies to keep each other posted on our locations.

Comment

Walkie-talkies, a cell phone, shut off sometimes. but the main this is my GPS. that way I ensure I get home.

Comment

Only a cell phone to keep in touch with my hunting partner and to use in case of emergencies.

Comment

Cell phone on vibrate, so it doesn't scare the wildlife.

Comment

cell phone and my electronic caller sometimes.

Comment

iphone, you can call in there is an emergency and i have a GPS in case for some reason i happened to get turned around

Comment

Cell phone and that's it.

Comment

Cell phone, and I guess my flashlight is technically an electronic instrument---needs a battery.

Comment

I carry my cell phone but it is shut off. A flashlight I guess would be another, Country Road.

Comment

Electron gizmos:
                      Cell Phone turned off
                      GPS - off if I am in a familiar area, otherwise on marking camp/truck.
                      Walkie-talkie turned off except to check in at prearranged times or after I hear someone shooting.
                      Nikon Rangefinder.

Comment

Cell phone off, and sometimes a walkman radio, thats how i pass the time waiting for the sun to come up when i hunt deer and turkey.

Comment

Cell phone off, Gps and a camera. I would not take a video game or ebook like some folks do. It would make the day easier when its slow but I am afraid I would miss something.

Comment

I guess a headlamp is electronic also! Great for keeping your hands free

Comment

Cell phone on silent.
                              I have carried walkie-talkie radios in the mountains but I do not in MN. MN actually allows you to use the radios to talk to others but it is against the law to use any kind of electronic communication to coordinate hunting.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad