Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys i was wondering how i should cook these squirrels i just killed??? thanks ya'll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys i was wondering how i should cook these squirrels i just killed??? thanks ya'll

Hey guys i was wondering how i should cook these squirrels i just killed??? thanks ya'll

Cook them in a Crock-Pot till the meat falls off the Bones/with some Veggies.

Comment

put them in the oven and slow cook them until the meat falls off the bone then remove all of the bones and unwanted meat and then put some bbq sauce on them and cook them for about 5 minutes then eat em

Comment

Roll them in flour, salt, pepper, and a little cayenne pepper. Brown them with some garlic and onions then add water and a shot of bourbon. Cover the pan and steam them for about 45 minutes on medium heat until tender.

Comment

Look around online, there are scads of squirrel stew recipes out there, or you can simply cook them off in the pressure cooker until the meat falls off the bone, reserve the broth and make a white gravy, then put the meat back into it and serve with fried potatoes, scratch biscuits, and fresh made ice tea, then CALL ME!!

Comment

Cut em into pieces and put them into a Crock-Pot for about 4 hours 'til the meat is nice and tender and them coat them in flour and for added taste maybe some cajun seasoning. Then fry them up 'til they're nice and brown! That's my favorite way to eat squirrel

Comment

Go to squirrelsunlimited.com where you'll find good recipes and all things squirrels.

Comment

We just boil them in a pan of water till they are done and the meat is tender. Then we cut them into pieces( legs, backs etc) . Roll the pieces in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a touch of red pepper and fry in grease. We used to use lard but you can use vegatable oil if you like. Since the squirrel is already cooked all you have to do is to fry them until they are nice and brown.

Comment

Low boil them with salt until the meat comes off the bone easily. Then fry it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to There goes my deer season
                    by rock rat
                    No fires in the unit I was going to hunt, just bad conditions and part of the same National Forest as all the fires.

I am hunting a unit...
                    Today, 08:47 PM
                  • There goes my deer season
                    by rock rat
                    Not that it much matters, not that much meat on a deer anyway, but walk and stalk mule deer hunting is for fun not meat. Whole unit canceled due to the...
                    Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                  • Reply to Rest Easy
                    by crm3006
                    From Danbo: "Some of the cases that SCOTUS will hear next month. No 2A cases yet but I expect that to change."

We can only pray...
                    Today, 08:31 PM
                  • Rest Easy
                    by jhjimbo
                    Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                    Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                  • Reply to More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                    by rock rat
                    Maybe you all don't understand how the legal process works. If someone isn't breaking any laws then we leave them alone here in the US. Just how things...
                    Today, 08:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X