Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From everything you know and have read, if you were totally free to move your residence anywhere in the nation where would you m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Northwestern Oregon, having relocated from southern California in the '90s, and my family is happy here, my children have done well here and both are in their 20s now. I live in a community of 25,000, close enough to the outdoors to enjoy a brief drive to reach the forest, and close enough to Portland and surrounding communities to avail myself of the "benefits" of urban living. There are dozens of places for freshwater fishing within an hour's driving radius. The scenic Oregon coast is 70 miles to the west, the Columbia River is 20 miles north, and there's no state sales tax! Admitted, the property taxes are a little expensive. Our summers are mild, and our winters aren't extremely cold. I live less than 10 minutes from a well-established private gun club. School districts in Washington County are rated well, and I'm happy to live here!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad