Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From everything you know and have read, if you were totally free to move your residence anywhere in the nation where would you m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From everything you know and have read, if you were totally free to move your residence anywhere in the nation where would you m

From everything you know and have read, if you were totally free to move your residence anywhere in the nation where would you move? Best hunting and fishing, species, game laws, seasons,access, your dream location? If you are already there , what do you consider your areas greatest attributes?

If I told you everyone would want to move there. ;-)

Comment

Well, I left California and moved to east Texas, so I know I moved to the better.

1- I like the freedom of firearms that this state has from including your vehicle in the castle law to the possibility of purchasing AR/AK type rifles which are handy on pigs and coyotes.

2- For me, I have in-laws and friends that have land to hunt on. Since the vast majority of Texas land is privately owned, hunting land will be much tougher to find and expensive if you have to find leases to hunt on as opposed to the few public hunting areas.

3- Pigs and coyotes are in abundance, so year-round hunting with spotlights is both legal and fun. If you're lucky enough to hunt with a suppressor and/or night vision, I recommend it (legally).

4- Deer can be tough to find at times due to the high density of brush and abundance of food sources, but there are a lot out there, and take some patience.

5- In my area, you can also duck hunt and dove hunt, which opens up more variability.

6- I'm going to get into bowfishing, so I consider that more hunting even though you need a fishing license to do it. A friend of mine shot a 7 foot alligator gar, so its a thrill.

Comment

I'd move to wyoming or colorado. Plenty of game and opportunity and public lands. Probably throw montana into the mix. Alaska is certainly intriguing, just not sure I would want to put up with the winters when you can't hunt or fish and have little daylight.

Comment

I think you all should move to Pennsylvania to thin out the deer off the Interstates.

Comment

texes or alaska for there laws

Comment

Virginia is it for me, there is something to do year round outdoor related, saltwater or fresh, swamp or mountain, great heritage, great conservation. Can't beat it.

Comment

I'll stay in Ohio. If I were to move to my dream location then I would'nt have a place to vacation (hunt & Fish)! It would become just another place to go to work and worry.

Comment

Texas or Montana.

Comment

#1 choice is Montana for all of the nothingness! I would like to be in the middle of nowhere and they have tons of game from what I hear.

Comment

Any Rocky Mountain State.

Comment

I love it here in NC we have everything from mountain trout streams to some of the best offshore fishing in the world. But if I could move Louisiana would be high on the list, fishing the delta anytime I wanted would be amazing... Also Florida to fish the flats any day would make me a very absent man. But as far as all out fishing and hunting, I think Alaska may take the cake.

Comment

im getting ready to graduate next spring, so this is something thats in the back of my mind. i spend a lot of time in western PA, there are jobs in my field, and i love the country. i could live out west comfortably, a little change of pace from whitetails to other big game (colorado, montana, ect.). im from the midwest so i have no issue living anywhere here in the flatlands. idk, i feel like id be comfortable anywhere but california, new york, or the deep south (to hot in the south, im a michigander, i welcome the cold). but then there is that part of me that just wants to hang around i grew up.

Comment

I would love Colorado, Teaxas, Minnesota, and Vermont

Comment

I was in Montana a couple years ago and always wanted to go back. Can't say if I would want to live there, but I definitely would go for a couple months and check it out.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                I know how you feel. There's no way I'b bet my life on a conceal carry without ever firing it. Just this morning, PigHuntress told me she'd been practicing...
                                Today, 06:27 PM
                              • Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                                08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                              • Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                                by Solitario Lupo
                                Jimbo I dont really go for eyes on Erie but that is impressive almost 80 degrees on top and in that depths wonder how cold it gets in that thermocline....
                                Today, 06:16 PM
                              • Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                We are getting a nice slow soaker of a rain for most of Sat afternoon. Reminds me when we fished from my Fathers cruiser. It was called an express cruiser...
                                08-01-2020, 05:28 PM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by 99explorer
                                I do feel sorry for those rookie cops on the scene who had their backs to the brutality being committed by their senior officer.
                                Today, 06:00 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X